Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Family and loved ones will always be a priority...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.f the[/size]
dc3 signature

dc3, you are so correct!  Recently, one of our best couple friends, the husband just had a five-group heart bypass operation yesterday.  He is not out of the woods yet.  His wife and my wife met and meet with the doctors as they pass through the hospital [before & after the operation], gathering every bit of information they can.  Today, I will sit with my one of my closest friend in ICU, hoping for the best!
[Mon-Fri, I'm a substitute teacher for three side-by-side independent school districts.]

To our friends, regardless of where you are within the three Faiths of Abraham [Ibrihim], pray that God's Will be done.

Edited by RolandJS, 11 February 2017 - 12:10 PM.
moved from The Speak Easy

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Best wishes to him.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,032 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Gods WiIl....will always be done.

When you are talking to him...laughter is often the best medicine....

pumvbh.jpg

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Anon.

Anon.

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:16 AM

Yes, Ronald. 

Noticed it earlier and dc3's signature is so very true. I know that exactly what it means with my personal experience.

His signature is silently telling the inevitable of life.

On off-topic, your signature is also quite true. I can never stress enough the importance of a backup.

Quoting Leo Notenboom - "Backing up is kind of like eating healthier: everyone knows we should, and few of us actually do. Much like the heart attack victim who no longer binges on french fries, when it comes to backing up, the most religious are those who’ve been bitten hard by a failure in their past."  Words of wisdom there.

Anyway, hope your friend gets back to his loved ones soon.

Edited by Anon., 12 February 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

My friend has had his five-ruple [don't know how to spell this one] bypass Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday spent in ICU, complete bed-rest, pretty much in sleep.  Saturday, he became aware of his totally unfamiliar surroundings -- didn't like that, and it was later Saturday afternoon, he realized what had happened, where he was, and accepting of his circumstances.  His wife, my wife, and I spent most of Saturday day-time portion with him.  Sunday, I was there from 9-2; we had lots of small talks and conversations, he was giving advice concerning my freelance desire, and of the course that I was taking online.  Monday, his wife will be there all day, I plan to visit after school for about an hour or so.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users