Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot figure out BSOD

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

Every so often my computer will blue screen and reboot either over night or in the middle of a game.  I can't figure out the culprit so I'm hoping someone here knows.  I attached today's minidump file as well as the results from a WhoCrashed analysis.  I have fresh installed Windows and seem to have the same issue so I believe it to be some sort of driver or app issue.

Specs: AMD Phenom II 1090T - Stock

12GB g.skill F3-12800CL7

M5A99FX PRO R.20

GTX 750

Win 7 Pro x64 

WhoCrashed displays:

On Fri 2/10/2017 10:56:13 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021017-28516-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70400)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8007279530, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.  

On Fri 2/10/2017 10:56:13 AM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1!VidMmInterface+0x24AA3)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA8007279530, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2/4/2017 11:33:14 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020417-23914-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xC6313)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF96000116313, 0xFFFFF88007BAC0C0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2/3/2017 7:06:57 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020317-24429-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (0xFFFFF960000EF000)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF900833F10FC, 0x1, 0xFFFFF960000EF000, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 1/27/2017 12:15:15 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012717-25022-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70400)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0x771A1240, 0x0, 0x77197229, 0x8)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

10 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Attached Files

Edited by SHAWN_7, 11 February 2017 - 09:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi, Shawn,

This is a rather complex situation. I believe your BSODs are related to the following drivers:

fffff880`08b35a98  fffff880`03ed566aUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
 aswSnx+0x2e66a
fffff880`07babbd0  fffff880`15103d1dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
 nvlddmkm+0xfad1d
fffff880`07babae8  fffff880`0198c7b0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ahcix64s.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ahcix64s.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ahcix64s.sys
 ahcix64s+0x407b0
fffff880`07393b98  fffff880`04cdf3c9Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
 Rt64win7+0x63c9

As you can see, the first driver listed is an avast! Virtualization driver. Please uninstall avast! and run their cleaning tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials for protection temporarily.

Next, please reinstall your NVIDIA graphics driver. Use version 368.69, as it seems to be pretty stable. Please perform a Custom Installation. You should only install the Graphics Drivers and PhysX software. :exclame: DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!!

Then, we'll skip ahcix64s.sys for the moment, as I think it's a bad idea to play with. Some of these hard drive drivers when removed can make your machine unbootable.

Finally, please reinstall your Realtek wireless adapter. The download page is here.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Thanks.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Hi, Shawn,

This is a rather complex situation. I believe your BSODs are related to the following drivers:

fffff880`08b35a98  fffff880`03ed566aUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
 aswSnx+0x2e66a
fffff880`07babbd0  fffff880`15103d1dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
 nvlddmkm+0xfad1d
fffff880`07babae8  fffff880`0198c7b0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ahcix64s.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ahcix64s.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ahcix64s.sys
 ahcix64s+0x407b0
fffff880`07393b98  fffff880`04cdf3c9Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
 Rt64win7+0x63c9

As you can see, the first driver listed is an avast! Virtualization driver. Please uninstall avast! and run their cleaning tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials for protection temporarily.

Next, please reinstall your NVIDIA graphics driver. Use version 368.69, as it seems to be pretty stable. Please perform a Custom Installation. You should only install the Graphics Drivers and PhysX software. :exclame: DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!!

Then, we'll skip ahcix64s.sys for the moment, as I think it's a bad idea to play with. Some of these hard drive drivers when removed can make your machine unbootable.

Finally, please reinstall your Realtek wireless adapter. The download page is here.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Thanks.

Thanks for your quick reply.  I did everything you recommended, hopefully that resolves my bsods.   What antivirus should I use going forward if Avast was an issue?

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

You're welcome. I hope it works too! :)

As for a replacement anti-virus... I'm personally an avast! free user too, but if I were to choose a different free anti-virus, I would either use Microsoft Security Essentials, BitDefender Free, or Sophos Home. (I'm not sure whether if you paid for avast!.)

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

You're welcome. I hope it works too! :)

As for a replacement anti-virus... I'm personally an avast! free user too, but if I were to choose a different free anti-virus, I would either use Microsoft Security Essentials, BitDefender Free, or Sophos Home. (I'm not sure whether if you paid for avast!.)

So everything was running great until about 5 minutes ago when it blue screened again :(.  I attached another diagnostic.

Attached Files

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

Interesting... I don't see any traces of BSODs in the reports. However, I noticed that the timestamp of MEMORY.DMP is today. Please provide us with MEMORY.DMP:

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

#7 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

Interesting... I don't see any traces of BSODs in the reports. However, I noticed that the timestamp of MEMORY.DMP is today. Please provide us with MEMORY.DMP:

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

Seems as if there's no dump file in c:\windows\minidump.  Event logs show BugCheck "Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file." and "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff96000151fbd, 0xfffff88007391970, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ." at the same time of bsod.  Would running that tool for you guys delete dump files from that folder?

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

No, the Sysnative File Collection App does NOT delete memory dumps at all. As the Event Log says, please provide us with MEMORY.DMP — instructions are above. :) MEMORY.DMP is a complete dump of physical memory.

#9 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

No, the Sysnative File Collection App does NOT delete memory dumps at all. As the Event Log says, please provide us with MEMORY.DMP — instructions are above. :) MEMORY.DMP is a complete dump of physical memory.

Sorry about that, here you go: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/643201/MEMORY.zip

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:08 PM

So sorry, but can you use another file-sharing service, like Google Drive? I don't want to give my email address out.

#11 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

So sorry, but can you use another file-sharing service, like Google Drive? I don't want to give my email address out.

No problem.  I used 10 minute email for it so you don't have to give your address out...

Here's a link for Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5b5nYIiKPGDRVY1c2JKQng5Umc

Edited by SHAWN_7, 20 February 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, MEMORY.DMP is corrupt for some reason. :( This will be rather difficult to diagnose. Have you recently experienced any further BSODs?

#13 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Unfortunately, MEMORY.DMP is corrupt for some reason. :( This will be rather difficult to diagnose. Have you recently experienced any further BSODs?

No, it's been ok.  It happened this once after 9 days of doing what was recommended above.  I guess I will give it some more time and see if it happens again.  If so, hopefully it writes a .dmp file.  Thank you for trying.

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

You're welcome. :) Again, sorry I can't provide suggestions, as I don't have much info to look at.

#15 SHAWN_7

SHAWN_7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

It happened again and this time it looked like it created a mini dump.  I attached a .zip of the diag.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users