Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs when booting up computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darklord92

darklord92

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

Hello! :wink:

I have had this error for a second time now on my Windows 8.1. It usually happens randomly when I try to boot up my computer; It seems like it's going to boot up just fine but there appears a black screen which fades into gray and the computer just restarts itself! What could be causing this? Like I said this just started happening randomly. I ran chkdsk, sfc /scannow/ and DISM but the issue seems to be persisting.

Here is the report. Couldn't get the perfmon report as it "errored out".

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

It seems that when I ran Ccleaner the dump file got deleted. Here is the dmp file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bsod.zip   240.8KB   0 downloads

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:43 AM

That kind of problem "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs" often has to do with hdd problems or more often ram problems.

id start with a memtest and see what happens, you only need to do one pass, if you want to do 2 or 3 passes that works too, up to you though i don't let it run all day my self when doing memory tests.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Next open up the command line "start~search enter in cmd.exe" and do a chkdsk /r on the windows drive and see what happens.

to know how to use chkdsk you can enter in chkdsk /? for command line options.

#4 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

That kind of problem "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs" often has to do with hdd problems or more often ram problems.

id start with a memtest and see what happens, you only need to do one pass, if you want to do 2 or 3 passes that works too, up to you though i don't let it run all day my self when doing memory tests.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Next open up the command line "start~search enter in cmd.exe" and do a chkdsk /r on the windows drive and see what happens.

to know how to use chkdsk you can enter in chkdsk /? for command line options.

Thanks. Have you checked the reports I uploaded?

I already ran chkdsk however. Should I do it again?

I had heard about memtest but I don't know know how long it takes to finish.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

Thanks. Have you checked the reports I uploaded?

Guy on this forum that's pro on that topic and camps this part of the world is called Usasma and hes the dude you need to review log files, my self i don't and don't know what to look for when dealing with em, im more the kind of guy that formats windows gone when it turns in to a problem and starts over with only a basic install of windows then its right to hardware diagnostics if it starts getting to me though i do look at the event viewer in windows when problems starts or check up on what the system are on the net / check out BSOD error messages to see what they mean, just don't know how to read a log file in this forum seeing as i don't deal with computers on that topic in my line of work so i can't really help you their.

I already ran chkdsk however. Should I do it again?

Was it a chkdsk /r ?

I had heard about memtest but I don't know know how long it takes to finish.

Takes a wile and depends on the amount of ram in a system, its why i only do one pass when testing ram with it or programs like it, i don't like waiting all day to see what it has to say as well it dousen't all ways pick up on ram problems 100%, sometimes it can claim the ram passes test but the ram is still defective.

Hardware based memory testers are better but only computer stores have em and their costly.

#6 darklord92

darklord92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

Okay I performed chkdsk on the C drive with /r and didn't have any BSOD this time. I'm a bit reluctant to run memtest because I don't know for sure that the BSODs are primarily caused by my RAM. I hope someone takes look at my reports and lets me know what's wrong.

Thank you for all the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users