Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD System thread exmpt not handled only after laptop moved!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dave216

dave216

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:45 AM

This is doing my head in!!!

I have to use my laptop remotely for work and also use it as my main only pc at home,  I usually only ever hibernate my pc.

At home this is no problems... i hibernate my pc every dam night and fire it up the next day.....  always without a problem...   hundreds maybe thousands of times, However should i take my laptop to a job with me and hibernate it when i restart 8 or 9 out of ten times i get the blue screen system thread exemption not handled.....

So why is moving my pc ...  taking it in a car etc causing this?, Perhaps there is a sensor i am setting off moving the pc,  Could it be turned off if that's the case.  I know some of my laptops have had some sort of sensor so that if dropped it saves the hard drive from failing and i am sure this Toshiba has the same thing... however i have a ssd only in this so i don't see that it would be really needed anyway?

Thank you anyone who can help... This is driving me up the wall!!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite S55t-A
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA 1.30, 04-Sep-13

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Hi, Dave,

Please follow the instructions here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Edited by bwv848, 11 February 2017 - 10:51 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 dave216

dave216
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

Ok

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Hi, Dave,

I'm confident it's caused by the following drivers:

ffffaa00`3f5bcec8  fffff801`3dbc2a41Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vci109w5.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vci109w5.sys

Therefore, please uninstall IXXAT and AVG for troubleshooting purposes. When uninstalling AVG, make sure to run their cleaning tool and use Windows Defender for protection instead.

Thanks.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 dave216

dave216
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

Yes that makes sense  ,

The IXXAT is something i use when working with the laptop in a portable situation, It may only happen come to think of it now when i use the program which uses the IXXAT drivers , This will be to do with it for sure...  

Ill get rid of avg as described,  Id rather not remove the IXXAT drivers as they can be problematic to re install , however if i must?  

Dave

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Hi, Dave,

I understand your concerns. :) If the issue persists after uninstalling AVG, unfortunately the only way is to remove IXXAT. At the very worst, you can try to update it, which may or may not be beneficial.

Edited by bwv848, 13 February 2017 - 04:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users