Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad HDD? Reinstalling W10 issues. No boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Roman711

Roman711

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Hello,

Got a used pc off Craigslist...bad mistake. Got BSOD with in a week. HDD would always run at 99% and cause hiccups(?).

After the BSOD, start up repair constantly failed and went to a black screen with my mouse cursor.

I ran chkdsk; errors upon errors. ETA was 999.99..!! So, I decided to partdisk "clean" and try a new install of w10 via Rufus USB. I went into CMD and tried partitioning the HDD myself (which I probably failed at,I read I should have a Fat32 partition, but I do not). Disklist showed a healthy drive! Yay. After a couple hours of google searching, I figured I could try to reinstall W10.

When it's loading, I get another error

"Windows could not load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code 0xC1."

So, is it time for a new HDD or did I make a mistake that we can fix?

Thank you all,

Roman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users