Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W10 freezups

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lenjack

lenjack

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

Been going on for months. Went 7 to 10 in July with little trouble. Totally legit upgrade. 1607 update in November turned machine into a brick. After much hassle, finally got it to go, halfway decently end of December. Every day I get complete hangs. No input, no reboot. Sometimes reboot is good, sometimes 3 to 5 are needed, and all may be well for hours, or rest of day. Totally unpredictable. Some days fine. Did reinstall from 1607 disk, did scannow's. No help. 

Parts are:

i5 2500k at stock

212+ cooler fan...temps are great

Sandisk sdssdag240g 40% used

2x2g adata ram...passed 8 hours memtest86

Gigabyte p67a-ud3p-b3 mobo

Radeon HD 6570 graphics

Dell 22" monitor

Case cooling A+, no fans restricted.

System not stressed. I'm not a gamer. Lots of browsing. Panda free antivirus. Malwarebytes and Superantispyware running real time.

Recently tried "Who Crashed" software, which consistently comes up with two items on these hangs. They are:

ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1274A8)

Nothing else on Who crashed.

I'd be grateful for any clues, and would, if I could, fax a 6 pak to my benefactor. Len

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:07 PM

If you prefer running a third-party antivirus programs, you’re welcome to do so. But don’t run two or more third-party antivirus programs and firewall at same time, because they often quarrel.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 lenjack

lenjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

Been doing this for over 10 years with no problems. I will however, disable antivirus and Superantispyware, and run Malwarebytes only to check this out. However, new problem has reared it's head. Today, computer totally fails to boot, after 40 attempts. Screen says, attempting repair. Diagnosing computer. Stop code. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Cannot get to safe mode.

Posting this on wife's XP laptop. HELP

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

Does the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) displays which driver causing the BSOD error?

After Automatic Repair tool finish click Advanced options.

automatic-repair.jpg

Assuming you reached the Windows 10 recovery options, go into Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

Use System Restore tool to restore your computer to a date when it was working.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#5 lenjack

lenjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

It does, but nothing helpful, and nothing clickable, as I got no keyboard or mouse input. I tried to restore a very recent Reflect, and then a Backupper, image but that failed. I reinstalled W10 which worked, but my image failed, several times. Finally, I did a universal restore of an Aomei Backupper image onto a W7 machine, which worked beautifully. That's what I'm posting on now. I may ditch the other machine, as the problems were steadily mounting. I can vouch for the free version of Aomei Backupper, with it's free Universal Restore to dissimilar hardware. Other programs which do this require payment, to my knowledge.

Of course, MS will now want reactivation, but I think I have a good case, as this particular W10 will only be used on one machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users