Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disturbing google image results

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alexander9898

Alexander9898

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Greetings

For the last several weeks I've had web browsers suggest very disturbing content with certain search terms.
The problem started when I visited mexico, with certain searches yielding unusual results.
I'm almost certain a malicious person is manipulating the content displayed to me, yet bizarrely all of the content seems to be indexed by google/yahoo, for example much of the disturbing content being from twitter/pinterest/imgur ect.

So my question is, what kind of malware or hacking could redirect a victims search results to disturbing content?

For example, a search for "Remy lacroix" yields mostly normal results, yet at the very bottom of the page is a disturbing image of a rotten foot.

Another example, A search for alina li will, after scrolling down a fair bit, display a picture of a hunter skinning a deer. The blog talks about how he got the deer and was going to make it into some sausage. this had absolutely NOTHING to do with my browser search.

I've noticed far more unusual or disturbing results then what is normal, many of them containing Spanish urls.

I understand all browsers will occasionally yield unrelated content but this is far to disturbing and frequent to just be a coincidence.

Sincerely.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users