Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IInternet slow WITHOUT VPN

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zenon90

zenon90

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

I have 30 Mbps DSL connection. For the past year it was working just fine. But few weeks ago I have noticed some strange slow downs - mainly on Wetransfer website which I am using very often. Small files would download for hours now. The same happens with many video/photo stock websites like Videoblocks or RockeStock, which I am using a lot. There is also a problem with 9GAG website. Most GIFs and images won't load or load extremely slow. It happens with all the browsers (tried on Firefox / Opera / Vivaldi / Chrome).

Now goes the best thing - I have recently tested just for curiosity new free VPN mode which is now available in Opera browser. And magic happened. It turns out all websites are working at full speed, download is also as fast as it used to be. So I tried to turn off VPN, while staying in Opera browser - immediately everything slows down.

I also tested connection at online DSL speedtest websites (both with VPN off and on) at it shows correct results, as usual.

What can be possible cause for it?

I am on Win 10, use built-in Defender and Malwarebytes Antimalware. I didn't install anything recently, the scanners didn't show any threat.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by zenon90, 10 February 2017 - 03:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users