Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning audio and data files with DeepBurn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:32 PM

You nice folks helped me find DeepBurn when MusicMatch JukeBox Plus failed time after time. Thanks. Now please, a happy follow-up.

When MMJB "allowed" me to burn (which was like maybe every-other February 30th!), it only worked at very low burn speeds, like 2X or maybe 4X, anything higher got an instant error message. Now with DeepBurn, I'm seemingly burning CD's at warp-speed (to me) of 40X. My question is: Is there any qualitative difference when burning at higher speeds? Said differently, if I'm not in a hurry (and I'm not), should I back-off the speed to maybe 10X to give me "better" CD's? It's important, because I'm primarily doing this for backups. Thanks for listening.
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:57 PM

Technically there is no difference in usage when read from the same drive that burned it. The problem is primarily when you put the media that does not read up to that speed. Most players more then 3 years old can access 99.9% of all CDs though.

I would be more then happy to research specific models, if you like :thumbsup:
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 twinsdad

twinsdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

JEservices: Thanks for rapid response. Just to be sure I understand your advice, I am OK burning at as fast a rate as my system allows providing that my intent is only to have backup CD's for use on this computer in case I stupidly lose songs, photos, etc., or to use for someday transferring stuff to a new computer?
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users