Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchased Parted Magic & They will not give support

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mkj307

mkj307

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

I purchased Parted Magic & mounted it to a USB drive since my ASUS ROG G752VT will not boot from the DVD. I booted it up & a the desktop came up with Parted Magic icons on it. It cannot detect my drives. I have an SSD & a HHD. I downloaded the first option because I knew nothing about PXE. My SSD is NVm so I used that download. I tried to contact Parted Magic support & they issued me a refund! They didn't even try to help me & they deleted my account from their forum. I am just shocked. Is this company a scam? I need to return this laptop & I wanted to erase the drives. I have no idea how to proceed. Can someone here help me? I have Windows 10 1607.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

Can you provide more details why you need to return the machine?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 mkj307

mkj307
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer

Can you provide more details why you need to return the machine?

It has never worked right. It has all kinds of bugs & I have sent it back to them twice for repair. It comes back worse than when I sent it in. Their support is terrible. They won't really help you do anything. You always have to send it to them. A btrand new laptop my husband bought for last year & the battery life is about an hour. It's the worse computer I have ever had. Any suggestions on wiping the drives?

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

If the computer have some hardware problem it could be impossible to run software on it.

http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html It have an option to Wipe Data http://www.disk-partition.com/help/wipe-data.html

On a working computer install the program and use the option to create a WinPE bootable media it supports DVD or USB flash drive.

Edited by SleepyDude, 09 February 2017 - 05:42 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 mkj307

mkj307
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

If the computer have some hardware problem it could be impossible to run software on it.

http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html It have an option to Wipe Data http://www.disk-partition.com/help/wipe-data.html

On a working computer install the program and use the option to create a WinPE bootable media it supports DVD or USB flash drive.

Thank you for your reply but I never could use the software on the ssd. Actually the ssd disappeared from disk management, device manager & PA Pro. It showed up in BIOS but nowhere else. I just deleted what I could & I was able to wipe my hhd. I did a sfc scan & it fixed a couple problems on the ssd before it disappeared. I had to send the laptop out today so I just did what I could. I ran software on the ssd until it disappeared. Thank you again for replying to me so quickly. I have never heard back from the software support. It seems all of these "free" software sights are a scam even though I paid for this software version.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,052 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Thank you for your reply but I never could use the software on the ssd. Actually the ssd disappeared from disk management, device manager & PA Pro. It showed up in BIOS but nowhere else.

That just happened the other day on a laptop at my work the ssd simply disappeared when I removed the battery and completely discharged the remaining power by pressing the power button 2-3 times.

I did the same as you, removed all the accessible data before sending the laptop to repair.

___
Rui

#7 mkj307

mkj307
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Thank you for your reply but I never could use the software on the ssd. Actually the ssd disappeared from disk management, device manager & PA Pro. It showed up in BIOS but nowhere else.

That just happened the other day on a laptop at my work the ssd simply disappeared when I removed the battery and completely discharged the remaining power by pressing the power button 2-3 times.

I did the same as you, removed all the accessible data before sending the laptop to repair.

I'm glad you solved yours but unfortunately ASUS makes their laptops without a removable battery! This is the worse brand I have ever had & no real support at all. Luckily Amazon will take it back because ASUS just wants you to keep sending it in for repairs until they run your warranty out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users