Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen, PC Freezes, then PC un-freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cheez

cheez

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

I have a Gateway Desktop PC. It is about 6 years old. It came with windows 7, but I took the free upgrade to windows 10 last year. I don't use the pc that often so I don't remember when the problems began, I think some time in October of last year.  The pc would freeze and the only way to shut it down was to hold the power button down.

Recently I got 2 blue screens with stop codes. The first stop code said, "IRQL_not less_or_equal". The second said, "System_Service_Exception".

I read on-line to check the, "Event Viewer" to see what was recorded. I have several Warnings regarding, "Source: Kernel-PnP, Event: 219, Task Category: (212)." I also have a considerable list of, "Level: Critical, Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 41, Task Category: (63)" they seem to have started in October of 2016.  There is a very long list for, "Windows Error Reporting" pertaining to, "SkyDriveClientError",  "Microsoftedgecp.exe version 11.0.14393.82",  "AppCrash_NvStreamUserAgen",  "MpTelemetry",  "WinSetupDiag",  "StoreAgentDownLoadFailure", "WindowsUpdateFailure",  "Radar_Pre_Leak_Wow",  "MoCFGSUP". 

I have noticed when the pc freezes, the keyboard and all  USB ports stop working. There is no power, yet the light around the power button and the light on the graphics card stays lit. Also the CD/DVD tray still works and what ever was on the screen stays.

After reading several posts on this forum I tried some tests. I used CMD as a administrator and ran, "sfc /SCANNOW" the results were, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

I then ran the trouble shooter for  "Windows Updater" it found 4 problems but fixed them. I ran it again and it found none.

I then ran, "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" it found no problems. 

I then scheduled a, "chkdsk /R"  and restarted the pc. When the scan reached 10% the pc froze. Again the power shut off only to the keyboard and usb's, the circle of dots that rotate clockwise under the windows logo kept rotating. I was afraid to shut the pc down with the power button so I just left it on. Some time between 3 or 4 hours the pc started up again on it's own. So I repeated the "chkdsk /R" and again when it reached 10% it froze. Some time during the night the pc came back on again. I would appreciate any help.

Edited by cheez, 09 February 2017 - 06:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Please follow the instructions here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

and attach the requested files in your next reply.

Thank you.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users