Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online Text Messaging Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leenga

leenga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

Help

Is there a way to send a text message using one of the free online services when, for example, I'm told to text the word "Phil" to 8917 on your verizon wireless phone?

I dont have verizon wireless and was hoping to use a free online text messaging service, but the free services require sending to a 10 digit phone number.

Any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion 1:

you can text to verizon customers through www.vtext.com

Didn't work, got

* Send To address is invalid. Please check the length of the number.

it seems they also require 10 digit numbers

i know the address is valid because it did work through my cell phone, but i'm trying to find a free way to do it

Suggestion 2:

google mobile text service

Didn't work:

i don't see how that will let me send a text message as in my example. that link is pretty much just a way of doing a search from your cell phone, right? am i missing something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users