Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ntfs.sys caused BSOD after Service Pack 1 install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikesmithibo

mikesmithibo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:25 AM

Installed update Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.

Recently installed AVG Antivirus (the day before the update).

Also have HitmanPro and Malwarebytes free installed.

Do you think my crashes are caused by installing SP1 with Antivirus/Malware running on my computer? I read that was a possibility.

The .dmp file reads it was caused by ntfs.sys

This was all after I got rid of the new Spora Ransomware I was infected with. I made another thread concerning that (I have a Hackintosh and had some questions). The computer is definitely free and clear of that. Just wanted to throw it in there.

The crashes are random, none on startup or shut down. First one happened shortly after the update at idle when I went to the kitchen. Came back and the computer already rebooted. Second happened just now while just on the internet using Google Chrome. I just shut down the computer for now and I'm going to bed. Also before it shut down Windows installed 2 more updates randomly. I'll have to use the computer and see if it happens again when I wake up.

Thanks for any insight!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi Mikesmithibo ^_^,

Sorry for the delay. Everyone is swamped. Do you still require help with this issue? If yes, then kindly reply to this post with a fresh set of log files and I would be glad to help you out :)

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users