Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot delete jgl_Rt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gaelic123

gaelic123

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:16 PM

I keep finding multiple copies of jgl_Rt in my recycle bin. I empty the recycle bin, but the next time I turn on my computer the file is back, usually with multiple files with the same name. I can't open these files. I've run the following scans, but the problem remains:

Norton AV
Spybot Search& Destroy
Ad-aware SE plus

My computer specifics are included in my signature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mary
Dell XPS 933Mhz processor, 256 RAM, Windows98se, Linksys Cable/DSL Router,
Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus & Firewall, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spywareblaster, Spyware Guard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

Ok have you posted a HJT log?

If you know for sure its a bad file go into safe mode do a search and kill the thing. But only if your sure. Post a HJT log first.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:43 PM

I found this:

tellco
I did some research and found about a dozen other incidents on the internet that were identical to what you are experiencing. Unfortunately, none of them have come up with a solution to the problem.

What we did find is that the file is actually a deleted folder that contains a dynamic link library file called JESTERRUN0.DLL (no information was found on this file either). The folder originally (and may still) existed in the C:\TEMP directory on your system. Running Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG, Norton or McAfee Anti-Virus did not pick up the folder or file as any known virus/trojan/spyware/malware. Most people seemed to notice the anomaly after installing demo software (mostly games) on their systems.

One theory is that the file may belong to a company known as Flash Jester. Flash Jester makes tools for enhansing Macromedia's well known Flash plugin that is used in web graphic animations and online games. One of the tools made by Flash Jester is a program called Jugglor, which may account for the "Jgl" portion of the folder name.

At the moment, the file doesn't seem to be causing any malfunctions to anyone's system, so it's not gathering the necessary attention from the internet communities needed to solve the mystery. One person did suggest posting a "Hijack This!" log to see if the reproducing program could be identified, but no one followed through with the log. .......

http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/t-4557.html

So, as cows suggested, you should post a HighjackThis log.

Download the latest version of HijackThis (HJT), from here.

Put HijackThis in a Permanent folder:
Click My Computer / C: / File / New / Folder / name the folder; HijackThis
Put HijackThis.exe, in this folder.
This is a mandatory step, for the backup and restore functions, of HijackThis, to be able to work.

Read the pinned post in the HJT forum, here

Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, here. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:19 PM

Awesome information, tg!

Do you think that it would be possible to search for the dll file (and varients of), and delete them, along with the temp folder, in Safe Mode?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 gaelic123

gaelic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:20 PM

I tried to follow your directions for Hijackthis. I created a folder on my C drive and named it Hijackthis, unzipped the file to the Hijackthis folder and ran a scan. When I got to the part to Save log I designated it to save the log in the Hijackthis folder I had created and I got the following pop-up window:

Windows Installer

Incorrect command line parameters
Windows Installer.V.2.2600.2
Copyright © 2000 Microsoft Corporation
All rights reserved
Portions of this software are based
in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group

I tried it several times with the same results. Any idea what I should do now?

Thanks,

Mary
Dell XPS 933Mhz processor, 256 RAM, Windows98se, Linksys Cable/DSL Router,
Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus & Firewall, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spywareblaster, Spyware Guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users