Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Optical Mouse Wheel causing Mouse to go unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hubble

Hubble

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hello bleepingcomputer-community!

I have an issue with my logitech M185 optical mouse. Recently (after cramming it into a satchel for transportation) its optical mouse wheel has begone causing issues. At a random time when turning the wheel, the mouse would suddenly go completely unresponsive and stay like that until I'd remove the battery and stick it back in.

Screwing it open reveiled no obvious hardware damage. Couldn't find anyone else having a similar problem. I'm kind of at a loss here, just hoping that there's no irrevertable damage to the circuit.

Help would be insanely appreciated.

Hope my phrasing is well enough, English is not my first language. But that shall not be an excuse for mistakes, if I can word something better just tell me! It's always appreciated and helps one improve.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Do you have another mouse you could try?

We could see then if there is a physical problem with the mouse or if there is a Windows issue we can fix.

#3 Hubble

Hubble
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

My standard Optical Microsoft wired USB-mouse works flawlessly.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

The problem is definitely the mouse then.

I'm sad to tell you that I normally just throw them in the bin when they start acting up. There is no financial way to justify taking it to an electronics repair store with how cheap they are these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users