Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Jack Short Circuiting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lesm64

Lesm64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

I've been having persistant problems with my Lenovo laptop's power jack.  Every once in awhile my laptop seems to short circuit the power supply I'm using.  Recently, the two panels which hold the power jack in place have also become loose. There's supposed to be a screw which holds the panels in place, but the inner screw thread is broken, and screws which I put in will fall out after a little while.

I've tried searching for what's wrong with the power jack but this doesn't seem to be a common problem.  What can I try to find out what's causing the short circuits, and what is the best way to keep the two panels attached?  Thank you in advance for any help provided.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,747 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

my laptop seems to short circuit the power supply I'm using

I am not sure what you are trying to say; I am guessing that you don't really mean a "short circuit"; if an actual short developed in the circuitry, there would be sparks, smoke and possibly a popping noise. Also possibly damage to the motherboard or other components.

Do you mean that the laptop input jack from the wall adapter is loose and causes the laptop to make and break connection?  Is the laptop running normally other than that? Need details.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users