Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home prison, being controlled by remote admin on ALL personal machines

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MelissVisB

MelissVisB

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

This problem started for us last year in about Feb. The company I worked for allowed me to work from home when I could not make it in the office and after hours, as I live in a rural area and had a long commute.  The internet worked just fine with the Token connecting to the companies remote server, until all the sudden I was getting errors saying that I was not on a secure connection and could not connect safely to the server, the ping time was taking too long.  So I started digging in to correct the problem.  I started watching the activity of the router and quickly realized I was not alone.  Changing ANY of the settings on the CenturyLink's webpage did not even effect anything.  I change the passwords, hide broadcast, set firewall settings, and nothing is applied so it looks. Then I started getting locked out of the router all together.  If I do a factory reset on the modem, and don't change anything, I have minimal problems. Its when I push back that things get out of control and computers go down. As time went on it was apparent that whatever is happening to us is on ALL of our electronics that connect to the internet. 3PC's/2iMacs/3iPhones/4Android/2Wii's/1Epson printer/and even my grandfathers flip phone.  As I researched was I am encountering, it led me to believe I am being monitored on some kind of Corporate level (that would look normal, if I worked for a company like that) Home business now and not associated with anything else since june of last year.  July 16 is the date on most files installed on sys and programs, etc. I have tried fresh installs, and its like those files cannot be written over, and nothing changes except my permissions keep getting tighter and tighter, and my access to the computer eventually wont let me do anything but reinstall. 

when I open a cmd prompt from the USB media the directory is x:/ and very limited dir. Ill go to log in sometimes M\my user login is missing just the background photo and lower right options for accessibility and restart.  Il will say restart and it prompts me that "all other users will also logged out".  Don't want to keep rambling, feels like I am in a virtual world that I have no control over, its like I'm on punishment with parental controls.  Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MelissVisB

MelissVisB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

This problem started for us last year in about Feb. The company I worked for allowed me to work from home when I could not make it in the office and after hours, as I live in a rural area and had a long commute.  The internet worked just fine with the Token connecting to the companies remote server, until all the sudden I was getting errors saying that I was not on a secure connection and could not connect safely to the server, the ping time was taking too long.  So I started digging in to correct the problem.  I started watching the activity of the router and quickly realized I was not alone.  Changing ANY of the settings on the CenturyLink's webpage did not even effect anything.  I change the passwords, hide broadcast, set firewall settings, and nothing is applied so it looks. Then I started getting locked out of the router all together.  If I do a factory reset on the modem, and don't change anything, I have minimal problems. Its when I push back that things get out of control and computers go down. As time went on it was apparent that whatever is happening to us is on ALL of our electronics that connect to the internet. 3PC's/2iMacs/3iPhones/4Android/2Wii's/1Epson printer/and even my grandfathers flip phone.  As I researched was I am encountering, it led me to believe I am being monitored on some kind of Corporate level (that would look normal, if I worked for a company like that) Home business now and not associated with anything else since june of last year.  July 16 is the date on most files installed on sys and programs, etc. I have tried fresh installs, and its like those files cannot be written over, and nothing changes except my permissions keep getting tighter and tighter, and my access to the computer eventually wont let me do anything but reinstall. 

when I open a cmd prompt from the USB media the directory is x:/ and very limited dir. Ill go to log in sometimes M\my user login is missing just the background photo and lower right options for accessibility and restart.  Il will say restart and it prompts me that "all other users will also logged out".  Don't want to keep rambling, feels like I am in a virtual world that I have no control over, its like I'm on punishment with parental controls.  Please help!

Iam running Windows 10 Ent, but HJT log sais "Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)"

#3 MelissVisB

MelissVisB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

Edited by MelissVisB, 08 February 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#4 MelissVisB

MelissVisB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

I have lots of information that ive collected and can post when I know where to post it safely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users