Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezes & delays

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Greetings.   I rely on my homepage (Yahoo) and other websites to read my daily news. Most of the time, it's ok, but other than the daily news, there are articles and stories that I become interested in. i.e. "A family buys a house and are shocked what the find in the attic". Something like that arouses my curiosity, so I click into it to read it. So now, it becomes a series of pictures and comments that after viewing and reading the captions, I have to click to proceed to the next one. So, I click and nothing happens and then I might get a popup on the bottom that says, "IE stopped working due to long running script" or "Recover Web page" or it just freezes and doesn't go any further.  As far as the script thing goes, I did go to Internet Options and the boxes for the scripts are checked. I like to write and take part in some stories where we can leave comments and when I go to type the comment, I hit a key and nothing happens or I get delayed type or I get nothing moving at all. Can these two things be related?

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2017 - 05:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

Sometimes, but not always, background-running security and monitoring programs will cause pauses and delays in the foreground-running programs.  Browser plugins and extensions that provide security monitoring can do likewise.  Do you have Firefox and/or Google Chrome?  If so, do any of those have similar problems as IE?

Edited by RolandJS, 09 February 2017 - 03:51 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

I do have Google Chrome and navigate from there to other websites but to read the news and read articles, it is when I go directly to my home page (Yahoo).  I can't answer your question about having the same problem with those browsers. I will try going from Google Chrome to my home page to see if I have the same problem and get back to you. 

#4 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

I just accessed a couple of stories and did replies and there was no problem. As I am typing here, it is smooth sailing and I accessed BC via Google Chrome. I do believe the problem is only when I am on Yahoo. Of course, Yahoo is inundated with ads and it  takes a while, sometimes, for all of them to load before I can go any further. Too, there are various ads popping during the time when I am reading an article or navigating through a story that requires going from one picture and clicking on "next" to continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users