Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image - HDQOBUR.crt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aelinde

Aelinde

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

Been trying to find a fix for this for a few months now, i don't even know what's causing this. When i went in to System32 to look for this file there is none. Is there an update i've missed or do i have a bad Windows? Any ideas or tips will be greatly appreciated!

I'm running Windows 10 x64

7ZvIqVm.png

Edited by Aelinde, 08 February 2017 - 03:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

If this error box open at login or boot download AutoRuns. Do a search for anything called HDQBOR. Uncheck the box next to each item found. Reboot the computer and if it runs okay you can go back and highlight each item and click the red X in the menu bar to remove it.

I would first create a Restore Point in Windows 10 first. For some reason Microsoft decided to turn off System Restore in Windows 10. 

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-enable-create-system-restore/

#3 Aelinde

Aelinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

Sorry, i forgot to edit my OP. Basically this error pops up everytime i try to start BF4 through battlelog, i've been with EA's support several times and they don't know anything about it. They initially thought this was a network error, something to do with my connection to the EA Servers. It's a certificate file that Origin is looking for though.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure I will be able to help with this problem, sorry. Doing a search on this file only gives results pertaining to you. Is there an option to repair in Control Panel > Uninstall if you downloaded anything for BF4? Have you tried using a different browser for logging in?

#5 Aelinde

Aelinde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:59 PM

Yeah i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, different browsers and i've cleaned the registry. It appears that i am the first person on Earth with this issue, always fun to find new errors. Oh well, we'll hope a reinstall of windows will fix 'er up again!

Thanks!

Edited by Aelinde, 08 February 2017 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users