Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Cleanup Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

I had to replace my HD, and lost a very good Temporary files cleanup program. I cannot remember the Name, but it was free software, and the Icon for the software on the Desktop resembled a Yellow Hand, I believe. When the software first starts up, there is an audio of a Toilet Flushing, to simulate your files being flushed out of the system ! Sorry, that is all I know about it.   Other than when one of out middle eastern techs was describing the program to me, he just said "you will hear a noise", and didn't know it was supposed to be a toilet ! Anyone help ?

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

Sounds like CCleaner to me.

Edited by bwv848, 08 February 2017 - 03:11 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,024 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

I'll second the recommendation for CCleaner, but it only matches the OP's description in terms of function, and nothing else.  I've been using it for years and it's icon has been the "big red C" with a whisk broom for a very long time now and I never, ever, heard sound effects from CCleaner.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

Ah, good point, Brian! It's Cleanup!.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-cleanup/

Edited by bwv848, 08 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users