Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Class Not Registered

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElenaB2B

ElenaB2B

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591645/i-keep-getting-the-class-not-registered-error/ - Hamluis.

Hi all,

So I was following these steps below but accidentally clicked too quickly when I got to "If it asks you to register any of the components, click Yes"  and clicked No.  Now I can't seem to go backward or at least I'm not sure what I've done. I've restarted my computer and reset my default browser to IE but still cannot access my JGEP files without receiving this error message "Class not registered".  This stems from me uploading a folder that I use to store marketing images for my business into a shared drive with OneDrive for a new associate.  

I've attached an image of what my computer looks like after running the command below and accidentally choosing No.  Any help that can be provided is greatlyyy appreciated!!!

Go to Start, and then to Run (or the Win and R keys)
Type in "dcomcnfg" (without the quotes) and press Enter

In the Component Services window that opens, go to the left hand pane and double click on:
- Component Services, then on
- Computers, then on
- My Computer, then on
- DCOM Config
If it asks you to register any of the components, click Yes
This may happen several times if there are several unregistered components

Once you're finished, close the window and reboot the computer.
Check to see if the problems are fixed.

Attached File  error.png   334.48KB   1 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2017 - 01:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

If this is only related to opening jgeg files and nothing else see this page - Option 2. Scroll down to the jpeg extension and download the reg file.

Edited by JohnC_21, 08 February 2017 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users