Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory_Management BSOD; SysnativeBSODCollectionApp didn't create a folder.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Oxycodone

Oxycodone

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Hey guys, back again with more problems. First of all, when checking the BSOD posting instructions, the very first rule about saving Sysnative BSOD Collection App in my Documents folder and running it didn't produce the desired "SysnativeFileCollectionApp + SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip", so before we progress with further instructions, can anyone direct me as to what my next step should be?

• OS - Windows Vista 32-bit, which is original OS
  • I'm guessing the OS is OEM version, I got this PC as a hand-me-down from an old friend.
  • Not sure on age of system, quite a few years for sure; it's a Compaq Presario SR5262NX
  • Age of OS is the age of the PC I'd guess.
  • Genuine Intel® CPU 2160 @ 1.80GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
  • System Model GV344AA-ABA SR5262NX <-(Motherboard?)
  • Not sure how to check what power supply is without taking apart my computer
  • Desktop

Thanks as always in advance!

-James

Edited by Oxycodone, 07 February 2017 - 08:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

Update: Just got another BSOD, this time it was a "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT".

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hi, James,

Please try running the Sysnative File Collection App again. If it doesn't work, try this other reporting tool:

https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

Make sure to attach the requested files in your next post! :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

I tried the Sysnative File Collection app again a few times, no luck, so I tried the BSOD Inspector, which seemed to be working, until it crashed, giving this error:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: bsodinspector-1.0.5.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.0.4.0
  Problem Signature 03: 564782a1
  Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06: 4ffa561c
  Problem Signature 07: 43c4
  Problem Signature 08: 1f4
  Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:

Kill me.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

No problem at all. Just give us these three sets of reports. (These are usasma's instructions — thanks a lot usasma!)

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

Alright, here's part 2 and 3. The minidump folder you requested was located, but completely empty, so I didn't include it for that reason. 

Attached Files

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hi, James,

Please stop using CCleaner as it automatically deletes memory dumps from your system in an effort to save space. Therfore, if you get further BSODs, please zip and attach the contents of %WinDir%\Minidump.

You have only 2 GB of physical memory installed. That's very little and may lead to some issues. :(

My only suggestion, without any memory dumps is to uninstall DAEMON TOOLS LITE, as it is known to cause BSODs. Also, if possible navigate to %WinDir% and zip up MEMORY.DMP and attach it in your next reply.

#8 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

What/where is %WinDir%? Is that just the Windows directory? And is MEMORY.DMP a file or a folder? I'm not seeing any instance of MEMORY.DMP in my Windows directory.

PS. Can you suggest a replacement for Daemon Tools that I could use in it's place?

Edited by Oxycodone, 11 February 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Sorry for not explaining. %WinDir% is an environment variable for the Windows directory, commonly C:\Windows. If there's no file called MEMORY.DMP in that folder, that's O.K.

Have you experienced any further BSODs? Sorry, but I don't have any replacements for DAEMON tools. All these virtual drive programs install extremely low-level drivers on the system, which are known to cause BSODs. Our objective right now is to see whether if removing DAEMON tools helps.

#10 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

I've had two BSOD's since, but not since removing DAEMON Tools Lite. The last one I remember, the error was something like "irql_not_less_or_equal".

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update! Please continue to update us. :)

#12 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

Thanks, it just sucks that DAEMON Tools is how I play my pirated games ;_;

#13 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Got another one. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL was the message again.

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

Thanks, it just sucks that DAEMON Tools is how I play my pirated games ;_;

Unfortunately, BleepingComputer's forum rules prohibit assisting members with pirated software. Sorry, but I won't be able to help further.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

#15 Oxycodone

Oxycodone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

But I'm obviously not using pirated software any longer since that was my means of doing so, and I deleted it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users