Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen turns off and on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fajen

Fajen

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hi all.  This site really helped me with my old PC.  I'm hoping I can get help with my new one.

I recently bought a CyberpowerPC desktop ( https://smile.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8020A-Gaming-Desktop/dp/B01HNBLHAA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1486507748&sr=1-2&keywords=cyberpowerpc ) and for the most part I am loving it.  The screen keeps randomly turning off and on though.  Each cycle takes less than a second.  At first I thought the issue was with the monitor (i'm using a TV), but when it happens, if I have the game Ascension open, that game will freeze and I'll have to use the task manager to close it.  It happens when that program is not open.  It has not happened while I'm in a different game like XCom 2.  It has happened since I've gotten the thing (and the first thing I did with it was install Avast).

So how concerned should I be?  Anyone have any ideas to fix it?  I kept the original packaging in case I needed to send it back, but it's taking up too much of my storage and I'd like to get rid of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users