Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to do 'Health Check' on my Windows 10 Laptop?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 rnallamilli

rnallamilli

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

How can i perform Health Check on my Windows 10 64 bit HP laptop? Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Raman Nallamilli

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

Tap Esc at boot and select Diagnostics for checking hardware. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_ot_ob_ds_pd/HP_PC_Hardware_Diagnostics_cc/dt

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Why are you interested in a health check?

If you are having hardware or software problems please explain what is happening.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Since yesterday i have an issue with my system. 

1. My chrome is not opening. i am getting an error: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Google Chrome.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.

But i am able to open as an administrator from its location. I have deleted the short cut and created a new short cut from the original location but still not working. i uninstalled and celared the cache and re installed but still the same error.

2. CCleaner is not working.

Getting an error ' This app is not compatible with your version. Uninstalled Ccleaner and when tried to install, i am unable to download. I am able to download other software (Chrome) but not this software.

3. Team Viewer is not working.

Getting an message that 'Not ready. Please check your connection' do what ever, its not responding.

4. System response is slow

System is responding slow. some times i have to click multiple times to open. for ex: when i tried opening Word 2016 its not opened i clicked 5 times.. after couple of min.. 5 documents are opened.

5. Some times my USB 2.0 shows a message that the USB devise is not working but i can still use that devise after this message

I did not install any software of late. i just wanted to check if every thing is fine with my Laptop. 

Thanks,

Raman Nallamilli

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

Have you been using the registry cleaner in CCleaner?

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Important:  There will be a short message at the end of the scan informing you of the results.  If you receive the message "no integrity violations were found" you don't need to do anything else, no corrupt files were found.  You should watch the scan to see the results at the end of the scan.

This needs to be run using an Administrator account.  

You should not do anything else with the computer while this scan is running.  Do not stop the scan as this can damage Windows files.

You will need to open the Command Prompt to run the sfc /scannow.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.  This will open the Command Prompt.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

You will see an image similar to the one below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

This scan will take a while to run, please do not abort the scan as this can result in damage to the operating system.

If integrity issues are found in the scan please post the CBS log using the instructions below.

To find sfc /scannow log, reopen the Elevated Command Prompt using the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key method outlined in the instructions above.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the following in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click/tap on this to open the log, copy and paste it in your topic.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

ok.. am working on this and will update once finished.

#7 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Hi,

Scan completed and i got a message that there are some corrupt files. uploaded the screen shot. Working on the second step.. will update the log file.

Not able to upload the screen shot: this si the note i received:

Verification 100% complete.

WIndows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS,.log. for example C:]windows\Logs\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Thanks,

Raman Nallamilli.

#8 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

Uploaded the Log File (114 KB) and the screen shot.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Restart the computer to complete the repair.

#10 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

This is the message i received after completing 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image version": 10.0.14393.0
[=====100.0%=====]
Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dropbox free trial is already expired. cannot use Dropbox. Its 5.27 MB i will upload to this site and once you download the file i will delete it.

Thanks,
Raman Nallamilli.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

You will need to repair the sfc component store.  The first step in doing this is to download a Windows 10 ISO file.

You can use the Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media for a disc or flash drive.

There are three options, use the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on different PC.

You will need to open the Command Prompt to run the sfc /scannow.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.  This will open the Command Prompt.

When the Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below and then press Enter.  Please note: the blue X in the command below represents the partition where your operating system is located.  In most cases this is the C partition.  If you are unsure you can go to the Start Menu and click/tap on This PC, this will show you what the drive letter is.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

#12 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

I have a partition for Recovery which is last updated in Oct'16.

Also have an option of 'Reset this PC' Attached screen shots.

Can i use any of this or its good to go by the above option? Please advise.

#13 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file onto my USB Flash Drive. 

I opened the command prompt in admin mode and copy pasted the command provided by you.

once it completed i still got the same message.

My OS is in C and my Flash Drive is in H. 

How to run this command from Flash Drive? Please let me know.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Can you download the ISO to your computer?

#15 rnallamilli

rnallamilli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

Copying ISO to my computer will have any impact? Yesterday when i copied it to my USB it deleted all the data in the USB.

Can i copy the data which i have downloaded onto my USB in my system and run the scan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users