Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Today

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Millano

Millano

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hi Folks,

Been getting a lot of crashes lately... suspected my GPU and... XFX is going to RMA me a new one, they did find a fault with it.. However, that was in the mail last week and now I got my first BSOD today. Everything up until now with crashes has been black screen w/ sound-stuttering... All I was doing today was watching a news video on the internet when I got my BSOD. 

Followed advice in the section here, Perfmon stalled, never completed...  I attached the Sysnative Zip. 

Build my own computers, upgraded to current specs a few months back.

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i5-6600k

CM Hyper 212 Evo HSF

Sapphire HD-7950 3GB Card (for the moment while my XFX RX480 8GB card is in RMA process)

ASRock Z170 Extreme6 MoBo (BIOS v7.20)

Corsair HX850 PSU

G.Skill DDR4-2133 RAM 2x8GB

ASUS Xonar DSX Sound Card

SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 120GB

SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB HDD

TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB HDD

TOSHIBA MD04ACA500 5TB HDD

WD WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 1TB HDD

LG CD/DVD Disc Drive that I haven't used in so long I forget any details about it other than it's SATA

Thanks for looking. I just ran Driver Verifier and have to reboot now!

Attached Files

Edited by Millano, 07 February 2017 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Millano

Millano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Well, I got a POOL HEADER  BSOD  a few hours later, got stuck in the startup-repair loop.. could not get into safe mode or anything, so I just deleted my C:\ partitions and reinstalled Win10.  Seems OK so far.. have a lot of work ahead of me to re-install everything....

With a fresh install some things should run smoother... Really want to test all my hard drives and see if they're OK tho... some of them are more than 7 years old! I ran the WD Data Lifeguard for the 1 WD Drive I have..  My Samsung SSD checked out with Magician..  What do you guys recommend I check my 2 Toshiba drives with and my 1 Samsung non-SSD ?

I also think I should run my memory through it's paces... so I've downloaded MemTest86.

Shortly before all this happened I read about Emsisoft and running it things got worse.. I dunno if I downloaded it from an unsafe location or what, but you guys think that could've had a negative effect? I also was running MBAW and I read some of these errors can come from that??

I bought Kaspersky Antivirus 2017 a little while ago, I was installing it when I got the POOL HEADER error..  Well, I've got it installed now on the fresh Windows and I'm doing OK.  Is there any other program some of you might suggest running in conjunction with that? I'm afraid to reinstall MBAW and Emsisoft now.

Before all this, I ran ADW cleaner and found some crap it removed, and one of these programs found something called ByteFence that I read was malware and I removed it as well. There was something named GENiEBEN in Program Files folder I also deleted.. no clue what that was?

Edited by Millano, 07 February 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#3 Millano

Millano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

Okay....

So I'm still having BSOD for BAD POOL HEADER.

Can anyone help? Is Kaspersky really crashing my machine??

Since I re-installed windows, I only have installed a few programs.. Steam, Discord, Samsung Magician, AMD Crimson Suite, Kaspersky Anti Virus 2017, Data Lifeguard, WinDFT from Hitachi, Plex Media Server, and Rainmeter.

This is what I got from "Who Crashed"   - I'l post another Zip file from Sysnative but I wanted to get this posted before another crash!

On Thu 2/9/17 11:37:30 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020917-15531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFD50FAE1ADC30, 0x0, 0xFFFFD50FAE1ADC30)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2/9/17 11:37:30 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: klbackupdisk.sys (klbackupdisk+0x598D)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFD50FAE1ADC30, 0x0, 0xFFFFD50FAE1ADC30)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\klbackupdisk.sys
product: System Interceptors PDK
company: AO Kaspersky Lab
description: Backup Disk Filter [fre_wnet_x64]
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: klbackupdisk.sys (Backup Disk Filter [fre_wnet_x64], AO Kaspersky Lab).
Google query: AO Kaspersky Lab BAD_POOL_HEADER

#4 Millano

Millano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Here is the new Sysnative zip file

Attached Files

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,972 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

Oooh, another Kaspersky BSOD! :) Yes, Kaspersky is most likely causing your BSODs, it's a common culprit. Therefore, please uninstall it from the Control Panel and run their cleaning tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

BTW, please stop using CCleaner as it automatically deletes memory dumps.

Results?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 Millano

Millano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Oooh, another Kaspersky BSOD! :) Yes, Kaspersky is most likely causing your BSODs, it's a common culprit. Therefore, please uninstall it from the Control Panel and run their cleaning tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

BTW, please stop using CCleaner as it automatically deletes memory dumps.

Results?

Thanks! I'm removing it now and I'll let you know what happens... I really wanted nod32 but I found 3 copies of Kaspersky '17 for $10!

Also wanted to point out I did *not* have Kaspersky installed when I got my original BSOD's from the first post here.  After I had found some crap with MBAM I bought Kaspersky for some re-assurance and then I began getting the Bad_Pool_Header BSOD's.

-update-

I uninstalled Antivirus with Control panel, and ran the removal tool which removed Secure Connection..  The removal tool does not have Antivirus 2017 in the drop-down list for removal!

Edited by Millano, 09 February 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,972 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Maybe Kaspersky completely removed all its drivers; therefore, it didn't sense any Kaspersky Anti-Virus components? I really don't know as I am not an expert in Kaspersky. Please do not install any other anti-viruses, but use Windows Defender.

Also, if you get further BSODs, please zip up the contents of %WinDir%\Minidump and attach the zip file in your next reply.

Thanks!

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 kris7709

kris7709

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:19 AM

Okay. Got one question. Has Plex Media Server been around since the original BSOD (BAD HEADER POOL) ?

If Plex has been around since the beginning; do you recall if it was streaming and or trans-coding at the time of the BSOD?

I too have been getting these B_H_P BSOD's. We have Plex Media Server and Steam in common. I also run 2 different programs kinda like but not quite like rainmeter. DisplayFusion and Nimi Places, however these are recent programs since my last install July 20ish or so.

Hardware

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 Processor
  • MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard
  • Memory: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R Vengeance (4x 4GB)
  • SSD's + HDD's: 2x - Kingston SSD V300, Raid-0 | 1 - 640GB SATA | 1 - 1TB SATA | 1 - 3TB SATA | 1 - 500GB USB3

I don't really think that it's a hardware issue but it very well could be... I've been getting the BSOD for a while now (2 years plus) but they were a rare occurrence. It would run fine for months at a time then have issues with it for a while and then it would be fine again. I do know that Plex was running and was actively streaming/trans-coding and/or playing locally.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,972 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Kris,

Please start your own topic.

Regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users