Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo Y50-70 Touch Super Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Codystubben

Codystubben

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:05 AM

Hey guys,

I work at a small nonprofit and my boss' computer is running incredibly slow. She is new to the organization and coming in, her computer acted horribly. It takes about 30 minutes to start up and she cannot run a lot of programs like Skype, Photoshop or Outlook. 

The model is 20345. 

Can anyone help us? We cannot afford to purchase a new computer for the office and this one is past its warranty. 

Thanks,

Cody

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Codystubben

Codystubben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:37 AM

In addition, I removed McAfee because I thought it might be interfering with Norton and slowing things down. That was not the case. 

Also, I found out that if she is in Outlook and typing a message, it will sometimes jump into another application that she is using. It will also freeze when she is on Skype.

Any help would be appreciated.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

What about your IT department?  What do they have to say?

If this is a company system, the easiest/fastest thing to do would be to back it up and then wipe it clean before reinstalling Windows

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Codystubben

Codystubben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

We are too small for an IT Department, and we do not have a company system. We have company internet, but no servers or anything. 

We also backed everything up on the computer and reset the computer to its factory settings. I do not know what is the problem with it, but it is supposed to be the best computer in the office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users