Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noserave

noserave

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

I recently bought a Dell Latitude e6510 with no HDD. I ended up using an old HDD and reinstalling win7 with a usb. Everything seems to be working great except I cant control certain things using the 'Fn' button such as adjusting keyboard illumination. Im not sure if I need to download drivers for the motherboard? I've tried googling but dont exactly know how to ask because I'm unsure what the problem is. any help is greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Wasn't sure if you were running 64 bit or not but here is the link for the drivers, it's in there somewhere, unfortunately i have no idea what it's called.

If you could, could you go into device manager and look for any yellow triangles with an exclamation point in them.

and copy/paste the Hardware ID. (right click yellow mark> Properties> Tab that says "Details">pulldown menu, "Hardware ID"

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/latitude-e6510/drivers?os=w764

Edited by Viper_Security, 06 February 2017 - 10:29 PM.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users