Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sign in difficulties

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

For a  long time I have used a PIN code to sign in on my computers but now it is going wrong. First, I stopped being offered the PIN option and have had to use my PASSWORD. After this had persisted for about a week I tried to refresh my PIN in the hope it would work again, but in Settings I found that the  PIN page would not open. Clicking the button has no effect or the timer dots rotate endlessly. I have shut down / restarted and I have tried sfc/scannow and DISM without success.

How do I get the PIN option back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Airboss16

Airboss16

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:48 PM

For me there is an option on the bottom of the sign in screen that said sign in options. You can toggle between PIN and password.

#3 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

Thanks but I am not able to check that out because, alas, I cannot now access Windows 10 at all! Time after time I get stuck on the Lock Screen and cannot bring up the sign in page. There is only the close down / restore buttons (which work). I am guessing that this is further deterioration of the first problem.

It is plainly a Windows 10 corruption problem. My PC is dual boot, Windows and Android OS. I am able to launch in Android and run it OK. I am replying here using Android Opera. So now I can only make progress when I find how to boot in Windows.

#4 DellaVedova

DellaVedova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Maybe you should reinstall the win10.

#5 msrmoshe

msrmoshe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

If you have installation media or other recovery media you should try doing a repair install. It will re-install any corrupted OS files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users