My son got his Win 7 computer completely malware-ized.
1) When he opened his computer this morning, his date and system time were out of whack. I fixed that problem, but apparently not the cause.
2) I can't browse to any websites (it claims the security certificates are out of date).
3) I used ADWcleaner, which removed quite a bit of malware. Still can't browse.
4) I downloaded Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes 3 on a USB stick, activated the free licenses and removed more junk. Still can't browse.
5) I used Avast and it couldn't find a thing.
6) I refreshed Firefox. Still can't browse.
7) Went to do a system restore and begin the malware removal from a couple days ago, when he could get on the internet. I got an *Access Denied* error.
So, is there a way to get this thing up and running again?
On a side note, his internet is not entirely trashed, as Internet Explorer gives him the server out of date error, but allows you to ignore and you can browse as usual.