Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RANDOM BSOD, NO CLEAR ORIGIN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 overkill2006

overkill2006

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

This system is roughly 4+ years old and has never had any problem. It recently started getting random BSOD. I have not changed any hardware or installed any new software. 

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?

wINDOWS 7 PRO

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?

X64

· What was original installed OS on system?

WINDOWS 7 PRO X64

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?

oem

· Age of system (hardware)

4+ years

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?

4+ YEARS

· CPU

AMD FX 8350

· Video Card

ATI FIRE PRO V4900

· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)

ASUS M5A97 R2.0

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)

N/A

· System Manufacturer

N/A

· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

N/A

· Laptop or Desktop?

DESKTOP

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports

No memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report

No crashes listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report

The System event log shows unknown shutdowns and BSOD's - with dump files being created.

If using a disk cleaning utility (such as CCleaner) please stop until we're done troubleshooting.

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run ALL the tests and let us know the results

Only 255 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Please install the drivers for this device:

Seagate BlackArmor NAS 4D    UUID:730BB733-0FA7-4B10-8842-001075379520\UMB\3&5171028&0&UUID:730BB733-0FA7-4B10-8842-001075379520    The drivers for this device are not installed.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 overkill2006

overkill2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

I ran verifier.exe and the system would no longer boot. So then I tried to run system restore only to find that system restore was corrupted and would no longer work. I had no other choice than to reformat the system and perform a full reinstall of everything. If the BSOD remains after that I will post updates. Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users