Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSODs on new build....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

Morning Gents,

I'm just about out of hair...I've damn near pulled it all out.  Two weeks ago I completed my PC build. All new parts, and no issues with the Win 10 install.  All drivers were installed from the Gigabyte website with no issues. The rig has been working fawless everyday.

Last night while using discord and playing a steam video game, my computer threw a BSOD and i believe it stated Driver or IRQL.  I restarted and attempted to reopen my two programs that I was using and thus another BSOD occured and threw a different code.

I used my last known good configuration, via the windows repair and that did not stop the BSODs. I will note the last programs installed were some Redistro Window files from running ARMA III.  There was four listed.  I believe these are networking files. 

I then attempted to troubleshoot the issue and attempted to us a online resource to upload the dmp files but would BSOD before the file could be completely uploaded.  At this point I felt a format and clean install would fix my issues. While installing Win 10 the system BSOD 3 times before I gave up.  Each BSOD would happen around the 30% complete mark.

This morning I was able to complete the win 10 install.  I had also  moved DDR 4 ram around.  Solo vs two sticks of matching..different slots. I would still get BSODs. 

I have been trying to install the drivers from the Gigabyte website but have encountered BSOD when installing the Intel Ethernet drivers and Nvidia drivers.  I was able to install the creative audio drivers and Killer Lan drivers.  I am now using the killer ethernet connection port, in hopes that it would help with the BSOD..  I am still getting them while trying to install other drivers..

Attached is the Sysnative.zip

I did jump the gun and order new ram, I'm within my window to RMA the other set.  I have till the 22 of Feb to RMA the rest of the computer.  I know that is extreme, but I am very confused why a fresh build would just BSOD.  At the least if I format the SSD and reinstall, i should theoretically start from a known working condition right? 

There are two BIOs updates for my MoBo, but with the freq and random BSOD I am worried It would lock during install/flash.  

I hope I have given you enough info, I will be looking forward to anyones help.  Thank you!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

I'm quite sure they are caused by your Killer Networking drivers; please re-install them. (There's actually a bug in the program.) Next, follow these instructions:

ttps://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3054

If problems persists, please zip up the contents of %WinDir%\Minidump and execute these hardware diagnostics.

Thanks.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

Okay I will follow your instructions. but I never used the Killer Network drivers the first go around.  I didnt install them or plug into that connection.  

Also.. This would still persist after a Format?

Edit:  The killer network drivers were installed last night so they are the most updated.  I also disabled them for now.  I was able to complete the NVIDIA install without the BSOD.  When I attempted to install the Intel series 200 LAN drivers it BSOD.  

I will say I can recreate the BSOD pretty much every time by attempting that Intel Driver Install.

Attached is the Zip of the Mini Dmps. 

Attached Files

Edited by Nalg3ne, 06 February 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

It doesn't matter whether if the Killer Network drivers are up-to-date. I've been seeing lots of people having problems with these Killer Network drivers, and usually disabling the KN service and KN startup entry usually solves the problem. :)

I don't see any new BSOD dumps from your zipped folder. :( They were the same ones that were uploaded in the Sysnative report. If you truly had a BSOD after running the Sysnative app, then zip and attach MEMORY.DMP which is located in the Windows directory.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

I am trying to get the new files but the system is BSOD within a min or two of booting.. Fun.. 

Edit: got the files zipped

Attached Files

Edited by Nalg3ne, 06 February 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

The dumps blamed e1d65x64.sys, an Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver. Was this the Intel driver you were trying to update? Is it possible you reinstall it in Safe Mode WITHOUT Networking?

Thanks.

#7 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

Okay, I'm at work now. I have the file downloaded. I will attempt to install it.

#8 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

I loaded windows via safe mode. It wouldnt allow me to install the intel drivers. I also ram MEMtest86 for 13 passes.. no faults found. 

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

I would then install it in normal mode. Just disconnect from the internet, uninstall the adapter, reboot, reinstall it, and reboot.

#10 Nalg3ne

Nalg3ne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

Thanks BWV for the help.. I attempted your instructions and was faced again with BSOD after BSOD..  

I finally just looked up the local PC repair tech and dropped off the rig this morning.. When telling the tech what troubleshooting has already been done he did look a bit puzzled.  I will bestow some faith in the man but honestly Im just over the ordeal.. 

So sad to put all that $$ into something that is just a paperweight at the moment.. IF or when the tech comes up with solution I will be sure to share on here so maybe it can help the next victim. 

Cheers. 

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

Thank you for letting us know. I hope he finds a solution. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users