Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam Light Turning On

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nightwolf64

Nightwolf64

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

I left my computer running a disk defragmentation in Defraggler. This was the only thing that I had open. I left my home, and upon return, it was noticed that the orange light on my Logitech webcam was on. I have done nothing odd recently with this machine. The only other strange behavior that I've noted is that one of my searches in firefox went to yahoo instead of my default Google. I have no idea where to begin when it comes to removing this possible threat. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GustavoWoltmann016

GustavoWoltmann016

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

This might help you.

Go to-> my computer -> right click -> properties -> device manger -> continue -> universal serial bus -> check each displayed items properties to check on which port does it shows your webcam installed and then uncheck the option of turn off device.

EqualizerPro Best Music Equalizer for Windows 7/8/10

#3 Nightwolf64

Nightwolf64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thank you for the help, I seem to have found my issue though. And honestly, after I post this, I'm going to format this machine.

Edited by Nightwolf64, 05 February 2017 - 09:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users