Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP HP Pavilion DV8000 Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MM1718

MM1718

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion DV8000 running Windows XP and all was working fine until recently when attempting to boot results in repeated boot sounds (like the hard drive making a physical sound over and over again, almost like the DVD drive making a sound, that I usually heard and bootup, but it makes it over and over again).  The result is the screen doesn't display anything (no HP logo, no Windows logo, nothing) and the keyboard is locked, i.e. capslock won't turn on, nor can I even power off the machine, just have to unplug and let the battery run out).  I'm at a little bit of a loss for where to begin and appreciate any help.

My first priority is to get the data off of the hard drives, if indeed it's done and second priority would be to get it back up and running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users