Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when scanning with Roguekiller

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uglyfatandalive

uglyfatandalive

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

Hey there!

That's right, my computer freezes and gives BSOD ONLY WHEN I USE Roguekiller and I scan my system with it.

The error is "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" and I am using Windows 8.1. My video card is HD 7850.

No errors while I watch movies, no errors when I play games or do anything else but scanning with Roguekiller. No errors with my previous Windows 7 installation. 

Thinks I've tried:

1. Reinstall Windows 8.1 from scratch

2. Reset Windows 8.1

3. Used Display driver uninstaller (DDU) and tried the following AMD drivers:

- 16.12 , 17.1 -> no success. System crashes when I scan.

4. Used malwarebytes, tdsskill, superantispyware, spybot to check for any kind of viruses/malware - everything is clean.

This crash is a mystery to me. Please give me an advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

In order for one of us (usasma or me) to analyze your situation, please follow the instructions here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

and attach the requested files in your next post.

Thanks. :)

FYI, it may just be a bug in Roguekiller, but we can't say for sure.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 uglyfatandalive

uglyfatandalive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the fast reply.

I guess I have to upload this?

I tried every option of Roguekiller (nodriver, portable, old interface) - still the same BSOD. Ty.

UPDATE: Disabled HD Integrated graphics and no success.

I red somewhere that if you have Gigabyte software it might cause Roguekiller to BSOD. I don't have any Gigabyte software installed but my Motherboard is Gigabyte:)

Hope that helps!

Attached Files

Edited by uglyfatandalive, 05 February 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

Unfortunately, there were no memory dumps in your report. Please stop using CCleaner or Disk Cleanup temporarily. Furthermore, there were no BSOD entries in the WER section of the System Information report. However, I did spot some programs that are known to cause BSODs. Please uninstall from the Control Panel MSI Afterburner. (Make sure to reboot!!!) As you have mentioned, it is known to cause BSODs. Also Device Manager warns about this:

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Have you configured your graphics drivers correctly?

Edited by bwv848, 05 February 2017 - 03:35 PM.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 uglyfatandalive

uglyfatandalive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

Thanks again!

I will investigate and reply tomorrow after I make the tests (im all day at work, so around this time again).

Now I am "stress testing" the GPU with some gaming and videos so will post again tomorrow evening.

Yes, everything is ok and configured with my adapter. No idea why it shows this..

GN!

Edited by uglyfatandalive, 05 February 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#6 uglyfatandalive

uglyfatandalive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

Reporting as I promised:

3 scans without Afterburner = 0 BSOD

2 scans with Afterburner = 2 BSOD

I decided not to run a third scan, I think it's now clear what is causing the problem. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your fast and excellent help.

/me gives bwv848 a cold beer :)

If I have other problems related with my BSOD trip will post again.. Hope I won't!

Have a good night/day!

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

You're most welcome! :thumbup2: Thanks for the beer. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users