Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Or Scam?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:07 AM

My apologies in advance if this should instead be in the Web Browsing/Email category but I wasn't sure since it's security related. If it does belong there then I'd greatly appreciate it being moved. I've really been low on work lately & desperately need to make some money. I came across this video below regarding paid surveys so I did some research. According to Virus Total, Google Transparency Report & Norton Safe Web; Fusion Cash, Survey Savvy & Cash Crate are all safe except the last one did have a few bad user reviews on Norton Safe Web. With that said I'm now asking the experts here on BC, what are your opinions on these 3 paid online survey sites? If there's a chance of scams in that sometimes their might be a glitch & I'm not paid for a survey I took that's fine. My only concerns are Malware related; is it likely any of these sites, the emails they send out or redirects to a different third party site to take the survey could result in an infection?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1709 (Build 16299.334) | MasterCase Pro 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ak_23

ak_23

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

Im no expert on this, but one thing I'd suggest is never do any surveys that ask you to install something on your pc without verifying it it's safe or not. Sometimes it might just be freeware being promoted, but there is a chance of it being a malware or spyware. That's my opinion though. You should wait for someone more adept to reply.

#3 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Im no expert on this, but one thing I'd suggest is never do any surveys that ask you to install something on your pc without verifying it it's safe or not. Sometimes it might just be freeware being promoted, but there is a chance of it being a malware or spyware. That's my opinion though. You should wait for someone more adept to reply.

Thanks & I'd only even consider the question & answer surveys or those that require watching a video ad. I will wait for others to give input on this as well because if it turns out to be safe, I could make a decent living off them I think.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1709 (Build 16299.334) | MasterCase Pro 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users