Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting blue screens " Have mini dump file "

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 needhelp420

needhelp420

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

I have a samsung np355v5c a04ca laptop , I get blue screens randomly when watching videos or playing video games. Sometimes I can watch videos or play games for a good 3 hrs before I get 1. I have a mini dump file and was hoping one of you guys could be kind enough to have a look at it and let me know whats going on . I'm running windows 7 home premium .

I never get blue screens when my laptop is not doing anything , mainly when watching movies I downloaded or youtube or gaming.

I never do more then 1 operation at a time to insure my laptop can handle it .

Thanks in advance for the help, if you guys require any more information or have trouble shooting steps please let me know.

Mr X

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

In order for one of us (usasma or me) to analyze your situation, please follow the instructions here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

and attach the requested files in your next post.

Thanks. :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:21 AM

Thanks a lot for the vary fast reply , I will do my best to follow the guide and send you guys the info required. 

Thanks again .

Mr X

#4 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

I have ran and send the system file collection app from the link you have provided and have attacked the zip file it created. Tho when trying to run the perfmon /report command in cmd as admin It failed both of my attempts and gave me the folowing error message.

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.   
The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.

I will be going through the part 6 over night and post a reply with more information as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot seriously for the time and effort.

Mr X

#5 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

So I ran verifier as requested by the guide you have provided me .and i have checked all I could for windows 7 as some are only available for windows 8.

I haven't yet done the RAM and HDD test as of yet since I'm to tired to figure out how to make them work with a usb as my dvd tray doesn't work.

I have attached the new mini dump file from this last crash while watching youtube for 4 hrs and having verifier up and running.

Thanks again, will provide more information when I can.

Mr X

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Please don't bother with PerfMon... it does that sometimes. Unfortunately, your attachments didn't make it over, please re-attach the Sysnative zip again.

Thanks!

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Here is the file requested , sorry for the trouble it may have caused. 

Thanks again.

Attached Files

#8 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

When I try to upload my mini dump file its giving me an error message.

Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

http://www.megafileupload.com/cyuM/020517-19640-01.dmp

I uploaded my most recent mini dump file ( with verifier active ) to megafileupload .

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Have you gotten any further BSODs? With only one dump file, I can't say too much. If you have, please zip and attach the contents of %WinDir%\Minidump and attach the ZIP file here in your next reply.

#10 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Oh sorry was thinking 1 dump file was enough so I stoped using my laptop for the time being . I will be making it stream youtube videos and get more bsod to have more dump files for you . 

Thanks again ,

Mr x

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

FYI - the forum doesn't like files other than .zip - so if you try to upload a .dmp it will refuse it.
There are other files that are allowed - but it's easiest to just ZIP them up in a .zip archive.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for letting me know I needed to have them as zip files. I have gotten 2 more bsod since last requested to get more mini dump files. I have attached the 2 bsod dump files as zip. I will be running my laptop for more bsod and keep uploading them as I get 2 more.

Thanks again for all the help I have been getting from this great community .

Mr X

Attached Files

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

One of the dumps says it's hardware and the other claims that it's your graphics driver, atikmdag.sys. Please follow the DRIVER-ONLY reinstallation instructions for your graphics drivers. They date back from 2012.

Results?

#14 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

I have followed the guide provided and have decided to go with the Catalyst Software Suite (7/29/2015 )and not the Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta (3/1/2016) .

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

I will keep running youtube videos and keep you updated to see if I get bsod.

Thanks again for the time and effort.

Mr X

#15 needhelp420

needhelp420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

Got another bsod with the updated video drivers.

Kind regards ,

Mr X

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users