Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ATHANATOS

ATHANATOS

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Now my pc has 1ram 2gb kingston 1.5volt.The question is if is possible to put another 4gb kingston ram with the 2gb

Just inform me all about rams...

Edited by ATHANATOS, 04 February 2017 - 09:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Do this and ill let you know.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

#3 ATHANATOS

ATHANATOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

CPU
Intel Pentium G3240 @ 3.10GHz 26 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
2,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard
ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 (CPUSocket) 29 °C

Graphics
VA1916wSERIES (1440x900@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (Undefined) 41 °C

Storage
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA) 22 °C

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

First thanx for the help and this great usefull programe.Also i'd like to know if my cpu is low ---or---high.The 2nd ram i will put is -->

RAM DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz Kingston (KVR16LS11/4)

Edited by ATHANATOS, 05 February 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

You should also have a look at the manufacturer's support page for your particular machine to see what they state is the maximum amount of memory you can have.

Another tool that I've found incredibly helpful when deciding on memory upgrades is the Crucial System Scanner.  Whether you're buying Crucial memory or not, I have yet to have this tool fail to tell you exactly what type of memory you need, how much is in your machine, how many slots are in your machine, and what the maximum amount of memory (total, and per slot) your system can handle.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

Bla its a little mini board, max supported ram 16 gigs, max speed ddr3 ot ddr3L1600mgz, two dimms so 2x8gig max.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M-DGS%20R2.0/index.us.asp?cat=Specifications

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M-DGS%20R2.0/index.us.asp?cat=Memory

#6 ATHANATOS

ATHANATOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

RAM DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz Kingston (KVR16LS11/4)<new ram > I order this RAM and i will put it in the empty slot near 2,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (11-11-11-28)<my old ram>or if its doesnt work i will only put my new one 

shadow_647 is these webs help about what ram should put?

Edited by ATHANATOS, 05 February 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#7 ATHANATOS

ATHANATOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

Can i have 6gb RAM total with 2+4 gb RAMS

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

You can try it and see if it works.  From what you've described thus far it looks like you'll be mixing memory types, too.  Some machines tolerate this quite well while others object.  The only way you'll know for certain is to buy the additional memory and install it to see if the machine will accept the mix.  If it doesn't, then you'll probably want to dump the original 2GB and possibly purchase another 4GB that matches the stuff you're already buying.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Not shore if you can, might bug the dual channel mode setup and refuse to boot, don't know if you can disable that topic in the bios and 2gigs ddr3 isn't worth much, your best bet would be to get 2x4gig 1600mgz matched pair or 2x8gig matched pair. or if you want to go cheap just get one more 2gig stick that's as close to the memory you have now though that would only give you 4gigs total.

If were talking vista or newer the sweet spot is like 8 gigs ram though many go up to 16gigs and some even 32gigs

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:06 PM

Your motherboard is capable of running in dual channel.  Dual channel increases the throughput speed of the RAM to almost twice its single channel speed.  For this reason it is well worth matching the RAM module you have installed.  Unfortunately you didn't follow the instructions to provide the hyper link for the Speccy Snapshot.  If this had been provided I would be able to see the make and model of your RAM and provide you with a link to a location where you could purchase a module that would be an exact match to the one already installed.  This is needed in order to have dual channel run properly.

Please use the instructions below to produce the Speccy link.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 ATHANATOS

ATHANATOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BWOOuDVfRRoN2uDRtyJuzLZ

#12 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

Dual channel increases the throughput speed of the RAM to almost twice its single channel speed.

Pointed this out in the past DC3 and i don't know why it didn't sink in, its more like 20% and in some cases single channel is faster then dual depending on the benchmark or what your trying to do.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1349-ram-how-dual-channel-works-vs-single-channel/Page-3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users