Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video playback problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gizzette

gizzette

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hi, I have an older HP laptop. It started out running Vista and upgraded over the years to run Windows 10.  Just recently it won't play videos after it has been asleep.  If I shut it down and turn it back on it will play them fine.  I have tried updating the video card drivers and even reinstalled Windows with the same problem still present. I tried searching Google with no help so its up to the smart people here to help me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gizzette

gizzette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

Not sure what PSU is, I live near Penn State University and thats what I think of with PSU. LOL

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/tHXkqcWHI3CZoGtc7NMExxD

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

A PSU is a Power Supply Unit.  This is a laptop, this means that you don't have a PSU, you have a power adapter.

I have an appointment today which will necessitate driving over the summit and back in a snow storm.  I may not get back in time to respond till late this afternoon PST.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

My appointment was canceled due to the weather, so I'm still here.

What is the model of the HP laptop?

Where did you download the video driver from?

#6 gizzette

gizzette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

OK, I appreciate your help so far.  It is a HP G60-441 US Notebook PC.  I deleted the drivers for the video card and left windows find the best match.  This problem just recently started.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

Click here and download HP's Driver Navigator.  This will scan your computer and recommend the drivers you need.

You should always download your drivers from the manufacturer of the product.

#8 gizzette

gizzette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

OK, I used the Driver Navigator and it found 3 drivers needing updated, none of which are anything to do with video.  They are Realtec PCIe FE Family controller, Quallcom Atheros AR5009 WI/FI adaptor and Realtec USB 2.0 card reader.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. 

Because of the age of the graphics used in this computer you may have a real problem finding a driver for either Windows 8.1 or 10.

#10 gizzette

gizzette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

OK, well thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction. I need to find an older driver.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

I wish you luck with that.  The latest driver I could find for your graphics was for Vista.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users