Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 running slowish

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeeb101

mikeeb101

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

i put this computer together in 2012 window 7 then ran like a jet now its streams like a feeble old man. my android phone runs better on the same modem. i took a comptia A+ class in 2012 and hove forgotten most so i dont know how to clean up my computer and have not done so since 2012 . other than to  clean out dust bunnies

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Let's do a couple of things and see if we can learn a little about what is going on and perhaps clean it up a little.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please run sfc /scannow.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then type cmd in the Search box.

CMD will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"b]

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled CBS.  Double click on this icon to open
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

To find sfc /scannow log, reopen the Elevated Command Prompt.  When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

[b]findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click/tap on this to open the log, copy and paste it in your topic.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.

adwcleaner%20111_zpsiduqrrrp.png  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 07 February 2017 - 03:21 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DellaVedova

DellaVedova

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Maybe you can try ccleaner. My computer once ran like a feeble old man, so i try some softwares, this was the most effective one and i  am using it right now.

It may also because that the hardwares of your computer are suitable for win10 anymore.

#4 aeclubwoi

aeclubwoi

• Banned Spammer
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:30 AM

Let's do a couple of things and see if we can learn a little about what is going on and perhaps clean it up a little.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please run sfc /scannow.

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then type cmd in the Search box.

CMD will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"b]

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled CBS.  Double click on this icon to open
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

To find sfc /scannow log, reopen the Elevated Command Prompt.  When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

[b]findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Click/tap on this to open the log, copy and paste it in your topic.

This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.

adwcleaner%20111_zpsiduqrrrp.png  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Thank a lot! Can help my computer so much.

gclub

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

Please post the results when they are ready.

CCleaner has some applications which can help clear some spaces to deleted unneeded data, like clearing the temp files.  But it is not going to resolve your problem by itself.  If you do decide to use this do not use the registry cleaner application as it can cause more problems than it resolves.

Please don't quote my posts.  This isn't needed and is just a waste of bandwidth.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users