Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio synchronising with video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hi,I am fairly new to video copying from my  Freesat digital HD TV recorder, to archive some of the programs and make space on it's hdd.

I have burnt over a dozen dvd's (SL and DL Vebatim DVD + R and DVD - R),which all suffered from voice synching with the pictures. The voice preceeded the lips.

I am using an August VCB100 USB2 dongle, scart-RCA composite (cabling made by Kabel Direkt Pro Series), replacing the suplied basic cables and the paid for version of ArcSoft Showbiz to create an MPEG2 file. I then produce the dvd with DVD FLICK as a CDFS disk, for use on my standalone dvd player.

I have emailed August and ArcSoft with suggestions from them but no solution.

Appreciate very much any help with my problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Synching problems between audio/video when recording...have existed ever since computers provided that capability.

Many have employed laborious techniqes trying to resolve this problem.  Me...I just live with it...IMO, the results are not worth all the effort which some propose.

Some Google Data.

Louis

#3 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

hi,

since video edit and rendering is a part of my job i would like to point out that the synchronization problems you have is only because of two things

1- the usb video capture device is not good for capturing videos unless your video is from old vhs,betamax, hi8 (analog videos)

your video may have dropped frames (missing frames) so that's your synchronization problems

if you capture videos from minidv (standard definition or hd video) dvcam, dvcpro  the usb video capture device is too slow since those video formats need a very speed data transfer, in this case you need a firewire device like the canopus advc 110 or anything similar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANOPUS-ADVC-100-Analog-to-Digital-Video-Converter-/221870710126

2- poor software or some of the so called semi pro software

3- slow computer like old pentium or amd athlon xp (single core) prior 2001

you can fix some synchronization problems during post production (edit) but is a little complicated especially if you have too many missing frames

check some very good video editors for free

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/the-best-free-video-editor-1330136

http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/video/capture-dropped-frames.htm

good luck my friend

#4 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hi Nickos, 

thanks for your reply  and information. Since my initial post, I have successfully been able to complete my video copying with  lip-syncing correctly! 

For the transfer of video clips from my  Manhattan HDR, I use the following equipment :-

August VGB 100 usb video grabber, (scart - RCA connection) with decent cables (KabelDirekt Pro Series).

Arcsoft TotalMedia Showbiz (which I believe is now obsolete), which gives me MPEG2  files.

Wondershare video convertor ultimate to give me .AVI files and dvd recording.

Editing is basic but effective.

This is probably not the quickest method but it works for me.

Back in the 1970's, I ran a video production co., dealing with music promotional videos for up and coming groups - one made a no. 1 spot in the UK! Using the Sony U-Matic vcr's, 9" Sony monitors and a Steinbeck film editor; it was ground-breaking stuff, albeit analogue all the way.

So now into the digital age, I am doing my best (I'm 72 yoa).

Hope this may help someone who is in the same situation!

#5 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

that's good ! dear raymondo44,

so, you know very well what i am talking about

i would prefer an s-video connection (some better video quality, especially the contrast is stronger) over composite rca but nothing wrong if your setup working 

those were the days, i was lucky to work with vhs gear on mid eighties

my regards nickos

#6 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hi Nickos, following your suggestion re:- s-video connection, I dug out an unused SVHS cable and tried it out - B/W only!

Any thoughts on why no colour? This is through the same set-up I was using with the scart - RCA connection.

Regards, Raymondo44

#7 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:55 AM

dear raymondo44,

your problems might have to do with this...

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/271073-only-black-white-from-S-Video

this can happen when your trying to watch ntsc on a non ntsc tv set (the video is ntsc compatible but the tv not) 

what happen when you connect trough composite video (yellow plus white and red rca jacks)

have you tried to capture your video through windows movie maker ?

usb video capture device is sufficient to capture from a vhs video since the resolution is low

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users