Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel Data Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NotSoSavy

NotSoSavy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

So i was playing my game, when the server had to go into maintenance.

I took a break from my PC for like 20 minutes and saw it had restarted.

It had never done so before on its own so i was baffled, and thought it might've been a one time occurrence.

After like 20 minutes my PC froze, which it did since shortly after startup(i assumed it was just chromes fault, later after testing i found out it wasn't), and after it was done it rebooted??

It did this a couple times without giving me a BSOD, but after around 3 times it did give me one, resulting in me being here.

So, as lil me tried to find out a solution on my own i came across another topic on here about this, and from the user dc3's advice i ran CHKDSK which told me i had an error in index 130 file 212556.

Can anyone guide me from here? i don't think its a very serious problem so i'd rather not lock any drives or anything like that, but if its absolutely necessary i will do what i must to have this PC running properly again.

I'll answer any question if i catch it.

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Next please supply the make and model of this computer or, if you built it yourself, the main specs such as make and model of motherboard and CPU, RAM..

When you ran Chkdsk did you run the 'CHKDSK /F' or 'CHKDSK /R' version ?  If you ran the /F version try running the /R version, this will attempt to repair faulty sectors. Remember you need to run CMD as Administrator to do this and there is a space between CHKDSK and /R.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 NotSoSavy

NotSoSavy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

sorry, it took so long to get a reply on this that i tried to fix it myself again, and after some digging i concluded that it was java messing something up, updated it and now its all good again. also, i attempted CHKDSK /R after regular CHKDSK , and it failed to do anything as it just froze on 20% and after some time on 20% it would reboot. so I simply aborted that option. it'd be great if i knew how to get this thread locked/closed.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

I'm glad you got this sorted. This topic of your's sort of fell through the cracks, possibly because you didn't give any information on your computer.

Topics on BC are not closed, except on fairly rare occasions usually when a poster has been advised to start another topic in, for example, the malware sections or for serious breech of forum rules. Topics are deleted even less often, and most commonly because a duplicate topic has been started.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users