Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oblivion Issue.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Normally, I can fix most problems on my friends and families computers. But, this one is a little out of my league.... I haven't really played any games since I was hooked on Pacman and Space Invaders quite a few years back. Anyways, my mom is a huge gamer....She just bought the game Oblivion a while back. She has been having a problem with something in the game that makes no sense to me. Maybe someone here can help my mom....

Here's a note she handed to me yesterday with all the details...I hope...
She is having a problem at a certain area of the game.

----
When Martin tells you to talk to Jauffre to see a report of spies in Bruma. Jauffre does not mention spies, so the spies never appear.
----

If you know what my mom is talking about and can help, please reply.

Thanks. :thumbsup:
JC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mcheraghimn

mcheraghimn

• Banned
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

you can read the topic "don't you know how to pass your game chapters"
to find out how to pass it.

#3 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

it seems to be a game glitch if i were you i would reinstall the program. if you dont want to do that you can try calling the manufaturer and tewlling them about the issue you are having. if you want to reinstall the game without having to start it over agin copy the file you saved games are in, reinstall, then open it in the folder of the game.

HOPE IT WORKS GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. I also found this in a search...

Spies
Martin directs you to talk to Jauffre about spies, but Jauffre has nothing to say to you on the topic.

Solution: Scroll down. It is lower down on the topics list, not immediately visible.

http://elderscrolls.blogspot.com/2006/03/bugs-fixes.html

Sounds like a fix, but if it isn't, I will probably do a reinstall.

I will let you know.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Joshuacat, 01 September 2006 - 09:35 AM.

JC

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

I also ahave an issue, every once in a while the game will randomly crash, I can start the game back up with no probems but after idk, an hour or two. it crashes agian. Any ideas?

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

My mom mentioned that she had already tried to do a complete reinstall a few days back in hope of fixing the issue that I mentioned.
mooniniteman, this may help you.. :thumbsup: she also mentioned that she downloaded the latest patch from the Elderscrolls website. If that doesn't work for you, you should create you own topic so this one doesn't get confusing with multiple problems.
JC

#7 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

its wierd ive never heard of any mom gamers. Not to make generalizations.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#8 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:17 AM

I had a grand-mother who could play a mean game of tetris.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#9 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:56 AM

I had a grand-mother who could play a mean game of tetris

My mom still plays tetris on my Xbox, untill I turned my only Xbox controller into a USB controller for my PC. She was pretty good to! :D

I also ahave an issue, every once in a while the game will randomly crash, I can start the game back up with no probems but after idk, an hour or two. it crashes agian. Any ideas?

Overheating, Oblivion is stressful on ANY computer, and will easily raise temps.

Normally, I can fix most problems on my friends and families computers. But, this one is a little out of my league.... I haven't really played any games since I was hooked on Pacman and Space Invaders quite a few years back. Anyways, my mom is a huge gamer....She just bought the game Oblivion a while back. She has been having a problem with something in the game that makes no sense to me. Maybe someone here can help my mom....

Here's a note she handed to me yesterday with all the details...I hope...
She is having a problem at a certain area of the game.

----
When Martin tells you to talk to Jauffre to see a report of spies in Bruma. Jauffre does not mention spies, so the spies never appear.
----

If you know what my mom is talking about and can help, please reply.

Thanks.

Hrmmm, I remeber that part of the game. You're first sopposed toinspect the house ( I'm pretty sure ) go in the basement and find a scroll with the spies orders. Take them to Jauffre, then he should tell you to find and kill the spies. One of the spies should just attack you along the road between Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple, then other one should be just off the road around 11PM by a rock with a symbol on it?

Edited by protozero, 06 September 2006 - 04:56 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users