Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to connect to wifi extender

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Indigo79

Indigo79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

Hi there,

My computer is pretty old - 2013 I think. Anyway I am trying to connect to a netgear wifi range extender but the SSID wont show up in my network list. However it does show up on other computers and on my phone. So I am wondering why my PC cannot see it. I am thinking it might have something to do with the age of my computer and the fact that I am not running windows 10 - as when I bought the computer I was running windows 7 and it worked fine with the same extender. Any ideas of what I could try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What is the model of the Netgear range extender?

Do you have the Netgear Genie installed to assist the installation?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users