Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 1070 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Onehate

Onehate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I am having constent crashes on my computer. Every few minutes when on the web, and in most games. Once it has recovered I have zero sound and have to reboot to restore the sound. I have checked the RAM, found no issues did a complete uninstall with DDU in safe mode and rolled back to the 375.95 driver as some said this seems like the most stable NVIDA driver right now.

I have turned that on preformance mode on power options, turned the sleep and hibernate options off. In the advance settings I aslo have Link State Power Management settings to OFF, and the USB selective suspend settings to OFF. I was hoping someone could shed some light on how to resolve this issue.

Here is the current setup
Windows 10 64
i5-4690k was overclocked, took out the overclock, still crashing
16gig DDR3 RAM
ASrock Fatalty mobo

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

Please follow the guidance at BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .

Topic moved to Crashes/BSOD forum.

Louis

#3 Onehate

Onehate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Sorry, was not sure which place to put this under.. This is a relatively new windows 10 64 install, about two months. This is an HTPC/Gaming build and its really frustrating me. Here are the files requested. I have the verifier running also but really have no clue what I am looking at. The driver seems to crash in games, in youtube and in launchbox. Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

Greetings,

It appears to be that we are dealing with several issues here. :( Your BSODs (0xD1s) seem to be caused by bwcW8x64.sys, your Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver and e22w8x64.sys your Killer Networks Ethernet Card. Actually the latter driver is known to cause BSODs, see this link for a workaround:

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3054

So definitely, please reinstall ALL your Killer Network drivers, and follow the instructions in the link above.

As for your graphics drivers... reinstall them BUT do the DRIVER-ONLY reinstallation, as there are a lot of unnecessary components included in the installation package:

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-tips-and-tricks/1188-nvidia-video-cards-driver-only-installation-procedure.html

Next, open up the NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to General Settings, and configure the Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Sometimes that helps. If you still continue to get further BSODs/hangs, please run ALL of these hardware diagnostics, starting with the video stress tests:

www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

It's very important to run them all! Apart from that, I don't have many more ideas... usasma will have more. :)

P.S. Read this link too:

http://www.carrona.org/VideoTDR.html

Edited by bwv848, 04 February 2017 - 10:57 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Onehate

Onehate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:55 AM

Ok so I uninstalled, reinstalled Killer network, disabled the app from startup. I also uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers.. Reinstalled JUST the driver, and so far everything seems to be running alot better. I will keep you posted though, two hours of testing I am not ready to write it off just yet, but so far so good.

Cheers for the suggestions and thanks a TON.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,955 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

:cool: You're welcome. Do keep us posted please! :)

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 AlikDiana

AlikDiana

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

I had the same problem before. The display driver stopped responding and has recovered is a normal problem especially when you are playing game. So do not worry about that. I think this article may help you: https://www.driverdr.com/news/easy-way-to-fix-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered/ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users