Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSODS, Freezing, programs not responding.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hello bwv848.

I apologize for the late reply it took some time to back up a couple hundred gigs of steam games, then put them on a cloud.  so i have reformatted and re-partitioned my drive, so far so good. i have installed Overwatch

and played for about half an hour, and i didn't experience any freezing. i will continue to test various games and programs today to see if the problem is resolved. and will try update you by tonight before 10:00PM my time.

Thanks so much for your help this far.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

hello bwv, after more testing i haven't seen any BSODS or freezing, after about 3 hours total of playing, 

thanks so much for your help.

#18 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad to hear that! :thumbup2: You're welcome.

I suspect that the format of your drive fixed the corrupted file system, which was the cause of your BSODs; this is surprising as usually CHKDSK will do.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#19 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hey bwv848, 

last night right after i posted the update, i was playing a game and got a over a minute of freezing, i could still hear, as i was on voice chat at the time, and i was transferring a large file at the time as well, i chalked it up to that.

when i booted my pc up again this morning chkdsk ran by itself. here's the log

Attached Files

#20 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

From you CHKDSK log, the file system is still quite corrupt. :( Did you completely format your drive and re-partition? Also, do you have another hard drive we can use?

Please open up an elevated command prompt and type the following:

chkntfs %SystemDrive% > "%userprofile%\desktop\chkntfs_results.txt"

Copy/paste the contents of chkntfs_results.txt, which will be found on your desktop.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#21 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

The type of the file system is NTFS.
C: is not dirty.

i did reformat and re-partition i believe, within the windows installation, i wiped the drive and deleted the partition and i might ill get back to you on it.

Edited by KitoKai, 08 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#22 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

I really do suspect that there's something wrong with your hard drive. Can you follow these instructions by TsVk! to test your hard disk (again):

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/638006/is-my-hard-drive-failing/?p=4165590

Of course, post here not there. :thumbup2:

#23 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

hey bwv

here's the jpg for the stats, i wasn't able to attach the chart one, and the S.M.A.R.T test showed all green

Attached Files

#24 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

Your hard drive is not in particularly good shape. It seems to be showing some signs of failure, but this is normal depending on the age of the drive. Is it possible you buy a new drive and reinstall Windows on it? Make sure that you can return the drive with no penalty, just in case your hard drive isn't the cause of your problems.

Just for your information, S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a predictive technology and is not always accurate. However, if S.M.A.R.T. warns about a drive, it should not be considered reliable.

#25 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hey bwv848

I i have a couple of old 80gb hdds i was using for this computer before i got my 1tb, they're very old one came from an xp computer and one from a vista. i can put one in today and test it.

#26 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Hey bwv 

Here's the update, i tested the old 80gb (it's on its way out at the very minimum as grinding sounds can be heard.) and all was well for the first two matches of a game called block n load which is what caused the freezing on my 1tb,then i went to bed woke up and tried to play one more match, and it was freezing up, with not responding, so im thinking im going to buy a new hdd when i get the money, and will update you then.

Thanks

#27 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the update. Just a reminder... make sure you can return the drive just in case if it's not the problem. :)

Edited by bwv848, 10 February 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#28 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hello bwv848

Good news, i ordered a new hard drive, and everything's been good, no problems whatsoever, i've been using it for about 3 days, and played lots of games, and haven't experienced any freezing,stuttering, or not responding on programs.

i should mention that before i ordered this one, i found another 80gb hdd lying around, i used that one for about a week before i recieved this one, and got no freezing either, So from the looks of it, the problem's fixed

Thanks for your help!

#29 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Awesome! You're welcome!

#30 KitoKai

KitoKai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

hey bwv848

New problem, all was well, so i figured since it was the hdd causing it i would put my other quad core cpu in (athlon x4 630), i did that, and that day, i got a blue screen, it was a kernal_inpage_error, so i figured it was the cpu, i swapped out the cpu. for my dual core. and now games are freezing again. i have recieved one more blue screen, the dmp is attached.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users