Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reassurance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kiznar

kiznar

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

computer specs

sabertooth fx990 r2.0

amd 8320-tested in another computer working great

16gig patriot memory - tested both with ram test and in another computer working fine

readon vid card- tested in another computer working fine

intel ssd 150gig - tested in another computer working fine

psu is a corsair  700w

the computer started running very slow out of no where just poor performance not normal at all games run horrible web browser runs bad loading anything runs bad. thought it was melware so formatted reinstalled windows it took a very long long time for it to install it boots to windows fresh install and it runs very very slow even windows 10 updates take a extreme amount of time to download and install. i took a computer with less specs and installed windows faster and updated faster than this comp blew it out of the water. the board has a 5 year warranty and was purchased before five years but if a motherboard is damaged id assume it would not work. at this moment im thinking its either the motherboard or psu any other ideas would be grateful. flashed bios to newest version as well.

Edited by kiznar, 03 February 2017 - 10:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

...so formatted reinstalled windows it took a very long long time...

Was this an OEM reinstallation of Windows from the restore partition on your hard drive, or did you use a retail stand-alone disk that you own?

IF you used your own Windows CD disk, did you install the motherboard and chipset drivers for that motherboard after you installed Windows?

It is normal for Windows 10 to take a long time to download and install updates, you are lucky that it did not corrupt your system, many people have that happen.

Edited by ranchhand_, 03 February 2017 - 10:48 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 kiznar

kiznar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

yes it was a retail usb drive reinstall not from a restore partition and yes chipsets where installed. 

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Sorry for the long delay in responding.....life interfered.

At this point I have no quick answers for you, we will have to go into a detailed testing of the computer on a 1x1 basis. It will take some time and work, if you are willing we can proceed. I will want to re-test some of the components that you have already tested, because that is how I troubleshoot problems. I do not think it will be necessary to purchase anything, the only thing I would suggest you get for your own benefit is a power supply tester.

If you want to proceed, post back and we can begin.

Please go Here and download Speccy system analyzer (free) and save to your computer's desktop. Install it.

Open Speccy. Give it a few seconds to scan your system.

Click File \Publish Snapshot.

In the next screen, click yes.

In the next screen, click Copy To Clipboard.

In your next post, paste that link in the post. Do not post the entire log, just the link provided.

Also: please post the size of your HDD, and how much free space is available.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:48 AM

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installatioSeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 kiznar

kiznar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

problem solved. it was the motherboard thank you every one for there time i appreciate it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users