Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poor audio and Youtube sync issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 humanfly78

humanfly78

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

Hello everyone,

I have recently put together a new PC, after my last one bit the dust, and all is well apart from the audio. When listening to any audio, be it streaming or music stored on my PC (even system sounds!), I get crackling and popping noises all over the place; it's very irritating. The other issue, which I assume will have the same root cause, is horrible sound delays while watching Youtube. It only takes a few seconds before the audio is well out of sync with the video. This is any video, any quality.  I hope someone could please help me with this. I have searched online for fixes, but so far none have worked. I will post my components below. Thanks.

O/S - Win 10, fresh, clean install.

Mobo - ASRock FM2A88M Extreme4+ R2.0 (Realtek HD Audio)

CPU - AMD A8 7600

RAM - 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

SSD - Samsung 750 EVO 120GB

Edited by hamluis, 03 February 2017 - 10:02 AM.
Moved from A/V Software to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 humanfly78

humanfly78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

Bump.

Anyone?

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

Ya well were talking about Realtek sound so $5 sound hardware, best you can do is probly update drivers more then that get a real sound card lol.

By the way whats the deal with 4 gigs ram and win10 ?

#4 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

How does the device manager and event log look? I would take the above advice and if you are using the default driver that Windows 10 have provided (which should actually be fine) as shadow said maybe the first thing to try would be manually installing drivers from the support page here see how that works.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88M%20Extreme4+%20R2.0/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Edited by Zone_86, 04 February 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#5 humanfly78

humanfly78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for the replies, gents.

Yes, 4GB for Win10 is not ideal and I will be adding more shortly. My build budget was quite tight, so I got the bare minimum for now with an eye to increasing RAM on a monthly basis.

One of the first things I did was update all my drivers from the relevant sites, so they should be fine, but I'll certainly try that again.  I could invest in a budget soundcard, but really I shouldn't have to; I can't be the only one to experience these problems with cheap onboard audio?

In regards to checking device manager or the event log, sorry to be dense, but what would I be looking for? :)

Cheers.

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/6-ways-to-open-event-viewer-in-windows-10.html

As for the sound card, i try and promote the topic whenever i see the chance to do it, the cheap onboard sound chips get on my nerves to no end and something like a mid range sound blaster X-FI card for like $20 used would blow the doors off the sound hardware your using at the moment, the main sound chip on the X-FI sound card has the same amount of transistors "brain cell count" as a AMD K7 or Pentium 4 cpu though it dousen't even come close to running at the same mgz as the cpus in question, cheapO sound hardware are mostly emulators that they try and call drivers, with your low ram for win10 its making me wonder if the emulators/driver is clipping all over the place seeing as its running out of ram and the min win10 gos in to memory panic mode the sound quality takes a hit, the things are like hardware 5% , software/emulator/driver 95% and are vampires on your cpu and system memory though most systems not have piles of cpu power to spare so that part probably not a problem for most new systems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-Music-PCI-Sound-Card-/272540571570

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sound-blaster-audigy-2-zs-/152415214675

this is really the one id get my self, and i checked your mobo, you have one free pci 32bit slot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Creative-SB0770-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-Xtreme-7-1-Channel-PCI-Sound-Card-WW202-/112289458534

Edit :

Oups my misstake the SB0770 is a dell card and they did things to do to make shoure they only work on dells like they all way do with all their hardware, same old same old right, wouldn't touch that card.

http://www.philscomputerlab.com/x-fi-sb0770-dell--alienware-oem.html

Edited by shadow_647, 05 February 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#7 humanfly78

humanfly78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for that. I guess I'll grab some extra RAM first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try a soundcard! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users