Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD every 15-30mins even after reformat

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Python499

Python499

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hello,

My computer for the past few days has been having BSOD every 30mins throughout the entire day.  I have two partitions on my computer.  C: and D:.  All windows related system files are on C: and all entertainment, movie, social files are on D:.  I reformatted first partition to install all OS fresh and even after fresh format and install the computer is still having same problem. After this most recent reformat, my printer is not working even after installing exact drivers fresh from manufacturers website, it just says "The handle is invalid", even though the printer is installed, says "ready", and is selected.  Also basic mini icons for microsoft excel documents are not showing for some reason.

I have also done a chkdsk at startup already where it seemed to try to fix a lot of errors but then when it finished that's when the icons pictures for excel/word etc were gone.  

Computer information is:

** Windows 7 64bit (This was original OS on the system)
** This OS came pre-installed on system
** Approximate age is 6 years (purchased laptop in 2011)
** I have just reinstalled OS last night and problem still occuring today
** CPU: Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00ghz 
Memory: 8GB
Model: Asus Notebook G73Sw Series
Video card: NVidia Geforce GTX 460M

Attaching some documents that someone recommended I use to get information on the crashes or system.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

Run chkdsk again.  If it tries to fix things again, there's a chance you may have a bad hard drive.

To test that, run these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Only 99 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device isn't installed on your system:

ASInsHelp    ROOT\LEGACY_ASINSHELP\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Please install the Asus utility software.  ASInsHelp belongs to one of them (most likely the AISuite or PCProbe).

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports, nor are thee any records of BSOD's

I'd suggest waiting to see if any memory dumps are found in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder after the next BSOD (they may have been wiped out when you reinstalled Windows).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Python499

Python499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

I figured out that DropBox was causing my BSOD from thinking about the timeline of when the issues started and when the BSOD was happening.  I disabled drobox and haven't had the BSOD for days now.. whereas before it was every 30mins.  Not really sure why dropbox is causing the problem but I do need dropbox to work.  I've installed all the necessary updates on windows and will try to install dropbox again and see if it can work.

#4 Python499

Python499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

Even after reformatting and reinstalling drop box it still is crashing my system.  Anytime I stop dropbox from loading my computer runs fine but when I turn on dropbox it all crashes... any help?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

I apologize for the delay in responding.  I have severe bronchitis and am losing my vision (hopefully they are related and will return to normal).  I've been sick for 2 weeks now (as of 13 Feb 2017) and hope to start feeling better soon (and hope to be able to catch up on all my replies.

The last time I was this delayed in replying was during late 2011, due to a hurricane and permanent loss of the vision in my left eye.  That was for more than 2 weeks - I sincerely hope that this doesn't take that long.

In the event that you need help sooner than I am able to reply (I'm currently 6 days behind on replies), please PM a staff member for advice/suggestions.

I have seen other problems with DropBox (and have had personal issues with them myself).
As such, I have removed them from my system and then scoured my startups to ensure all traces were removed.

The only advice that I have for a known problem like this is to ensure that you have the latest version installed.
If you still get BSOD's (and can prove that it's to blame) then contact DropBox support to see what they have to say.

If they give you a solution, please let us know here - as it'll help the others hwo have similar problems and come looking for help here.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Python499

Python499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

So far, the only feedback I got from dropbox was to do a fresh uninstall and then re-install.  Have done that numerous times and still get BSOD.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

I'll take over for usasma for now...

Please run the Sysnative Reporting Tool again.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 Python499

Python499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:37 AM

Attached

Attached Files

#9 Python499

Python499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

Not sure how relevant or helpful it is to mention but I have all my system files on C: partition and then personal files on D: partition.  I set dropbox up to sync with the entire D: partition by putting all personal files into D:\Dropbox and then setting that as the folder to be synced with.  

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,011 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, there were no traces of BSODs in the report. It's really quite hard to diagnose BSODs without any dump files. I suggest you check this guide.

Apart from that, you report of several errors during CHKDSK. Therefore, please run Seagate Seatools — run the long test and let us know the results.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users