Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot load a specific webpage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 msphell89

msphell89

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Hello,

I am having a rather frustrating issue.  One of my clients can get to any other webpage except for one.  It can reach the site just fine, but no computer in her network (There are only two, a workstation and a server, both behind a Cisco ASA) will load the webpage.  I can view page source, but the page just continues to load and load.  I let it sit overnight and same thing.  The website is wecc.biz.  I work remotely so I can view the webpage just fine from my workstation or anything I try that isn't in her network.  I verified DNS, made sure the web browsers were up to date, and called each provider along the way, CenturyLink, Integra, Level3 and the distant end.  I am at a total loss here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  Just for clarification, the website doesn't have ICMP allowed, so pinging it is useless.

Edited by msphell89, 02 February 2017 - 07:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

When you verified the DNS did you try using OpenDNS servers?  You can try changing DNS servers on the computer. I don't know the OS but here are the steps for OpenDNS on Windows 7.

Was the browser cache cleared? 

See if the client can open wecc.biz using the anonymizer here.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 February 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#3 msphell89

msphell89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

I cleared the DNS and browser caches, and have been trying with Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I can get there through the anonymizer.  Does this mean that the distant end is blocking the traffic?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

I am not sure. I think your questions may be better answered in the networking forum. A member there may ask for you to run a traceroute which I have no experience interpreting.

If the client is comfortable booting a live linux disk and finds they can access the site using its browser then you know it's a Windows problem but I would first advise posting in the networking forum for a better response. 

#5 msphell89

msphell89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, I only posted here because I have no idea where else to post it.

Mod Edit:  Moved to Networking - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 02 February 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

No problem, good luck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users