Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spam

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrpcombofix

mrpcombofix

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

Hello,

We have been dealing with spam issues at our small office for a few weeks now and need help.

Firstly, our outgoing emails were being blocked due to a low spam score according to our webhost co. The corrected that and that issue seemed to be resolved.

Then we found out that one of our emails and the domain was linked to 3 blacklisting sites. The legit outgoing traffic from our domain is fairly low (4 users sending about 20-30 emails daily). A week or so ago, he same user started to get flooded with spam mostly from sites where the subscriptions to the site were requested using our email address.

Today another user on our domain recieved a fake email that would seem to originate from the email address mentioned above but originated from mail@replysenders.com

We use kaspersky small office security and have turned on the spam filters with our webhost for our domain. The kaspersky spam addin was running into issues so we had it turned off a while ago. 

Have changed email account passwords and will change them again but I suspect there is more to do. Plan to do this for everyone again and also run adwcleaner and full scans for all the desktops but I suspect there is more to do.

Any help from experts in this are would be helpful.

Edited by hamluis, 02 February 2017 - 10:10 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users